Pressure Gauge Problem?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

betta fish

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Just wondering if my pressure gauge should read zero after turning off all the taps to system? When I first bought it it held at least 1 bar of pressure when system was turned off consistently I then noticed this going down over a few weeks and now after I make some water and turn everything off it slowly goes right down to 0, initially I thought it was down to a leak somewhere but didn't find any I'm just worried this lack of pressure will dry out my membrane or perhaps it is the fault of the gauge? should I still use it or buy a new one?

Do you have ball/isolation valves on both the product line and the waste line? If not then it will not hold pressure. This isn't a problem though - even though the gauge shows zero there will still be enough residual water left in the housing (as long as you don't tip it up & shake it out of course!) to keep the membrane wet & this is all that you need. I would turn it on for 5 mins if you leave it for more than a week though.

Hi, thanks for the response, I have 3 of these: http://www.supplierlist.com/photo_images/189120/Hand_Valve.jpg one on the Water in line, one on the RO line and one on the waste is this what you mean? I turn off the waste then ro then lastly the mains tap to keep the pressure, I did notice when we took it apart to check for leaks there was a fair bit of water in the unit so it must still be holding water, I'm guessing the gauge may be at fault, my unit is also attached to a booster pump due to low pressure and when this is turned on it vibrates wildly and the needle judders constantly! :lol:

Yes that is what I meant.

I would expect with those & the procedure that you follow that it should be keeping pressure.

I would guess that the only 2 reasons are the ones that you have mentioned - either a leak or faulty gauge.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back