Pregnant platies

pinky

Reaction score
Hiya

Is it really obvious when a platy is preggers? :kana: Obviously with a guppy you can see the gravid spot, but with platies is it just HUGE tummies!!! Also what is their average gestation period?

I have been successful with my guppies and want to raise some platy fry to furnish my much bigger tank and to set up my friend's tank who is new to this daft game!

I have had some platies before but they were free in the tank and I only found them by chance when i was transferring all fish to a much larger tank.

At the moment the platies are in a tank with dwarf gouramis and two balas so will move them across to the guppy tank when I want to try and get wee babies. Dont think the fry would stand a chance in natural conditions with the Balas!! :lol:

Thank you for your advice :p

congrats I know when my platy got preggers the back part of her tummy got really dark and you could see the eyes it was really cool its usually between 28-114 days for them to give birth 28 to 34 days are most common or so i've heard. i was suprised when mine gave birth to 16 babies so have fun and good luck

Most reactions

Back