Pregnant Guppy

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

FishFry420

Reaction score
Hey guys, ive had this pregnant guppy for a minute now and an wondering when shes supposed to pop?? can anyone tell me by looking at her?

Attachments

• EDA642D2-3BB6-45A9-8A36-831B958F16A8.jpeg
    EDA642D2-3BB6-45A9-8A36-831B958F16A8.jpeg
    139 KB · Views: 475
My guess is by the weekend, it is not always easy because the mother will hang onto the fry if she feels stressed or just drop a few and drop more a few days or even weeks later. The more safer and relaxed she feels the better. Do you have other fish in the tank with her?

She doesn’t look too close. I would say in a week or so. Did you just happen to get a shot with her mouth open or is it stuck? Just want to make sure she’s ok. If she’s stressed she may only have a few fry or she could have reabsorb the baby’s before they’re born.

She doesn’t look too close. I would say in a week or so. Did you just happen to get a shot with her mouth open or is it stuck? Just want to make sure she’s ok. If she’s stressed she may only have a few fry or she could have reabsorb the baby’s before they’re born.
its not stuck! I had just dropped sum food in before taking the picture :)

My guess is by the weekend, it is not always easy because the mother will hang onto the fry if she feels stressed or just drop a few and drop more a few days or even weeks later. The more safer and relaxed she feels the better. Do you have other fish in the tank with her?
yes, I have about 7 other fish with her

what should I do to ensure she isnt stressed? should I get a tank for her to give birth in?

what should I do to ensure she isnt stressed? should I get a tank for her to give birth in?
That might stress her more. You could add in some live plants for the fry to hide in before (or if) you take them out. I never take out the mother because it can be stressful for her to go in a new tank. More hiding spots is pretty much all I add in when mine are about to pop.

I agree with @jkkgron2 you will stress her if you move her. Make sure the other fish are well fed that way they may leave the fry alone long enough for you to remove them and add more plants if you can . Floating plants like hornwort and water sprite are good for fry. My tetra fry like to hide in it. Here is a picture of two of them waiting for my to feed them,

Attachments

• GEDC1222.JPG
    GEDC1222.JPG
    272.7 KB · Views: 71

Most reactions

trending

Back