Pregnant Dalmatian & panda molly?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Dahlingmolly

Reaction score
4EE80C79-4328-42CF-AA4A-8CEC5A21A93D.jpeg
B2BC0A43-0949-4549-B9EE-671E4536B891.jpeg

Also I have a female Dalmatian molly showing strange tank behavior. She will settle at the rocks and pretty much let the water push her around. Any thoughts?
49343E40-43FD-4A9C-904A-17E08D5C26A8.jpeg

Hello and welcome to the forum, you have a colorful looking tank. The larger stones and plants will help the fry hide. One of the 1st things we ask for is your water test results. Please post them if you have them. :fish:

C657DC08-6FB2-4996-A813-1072159D51EB.jpeg

hello. Thanks for the welcome. Unfortunately when I got home from running errands today the molly acting strange had passed away please give me any advice On tank results based on the pic above.

The fish are most likely pregnant. Females who have been in a tank with a male at any point in the past 3 months will almost certainly be. They can also store sperm so can be pregnant multiple times even after being separated

The fish are most likely pregnant. Females who have been in a tank with a male at any point in the past 3 months will almost certainly be. They can also store sperm so can be pregnant multiple times even after being separated
Yes, I assumed they would most likely be pregnant but it seems like the bulging belly’s have been that way for quit some time

The dalmatian is squared off so it wont be long now

No. These boxes are very tiny and stressful to the female. Leave her in the main tank. provided you have lots of hiding places, some of the fry will survive. Both females will have fry for several months (longer if there's a male in the tank) and that's a lot of fry. if you save every one, you'll quickly become over stocked.

I agree with @essjay. If you do want to save them keep a close eye on the tank and scoop the fry out with a paper cup (nets can damage their spines) and just put the fry in the box

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back