Potassium

jbennett

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
How does one test for potassium in the freshwater planted Aquarium? Does anyone know? I'm asking this because Seachem sell potassium as a plant food nutrient addative, which is supposed to good for plants.
Any help would be gratefully received.

gf225 said:
I don't beleive there is a test kit for Pottasium.
Actually, there is a test kit for potassium. Lamotte makes them, but they are extremely expensive. You might be able to use much cheaper soil potassium test kit, but I'm not so sure how well it will work. But if you REALLY want them, hydroponic stores should sell them.

In general, it's hard to use overdose potassium. It's not supposed to contribute to algae growth either. So use in moderation, with water change, and you should be fine.

blue_ram said:
gf225 said:
I don't beleive there is a test kit for Pottasium.
Actually, there is a test kit for potassium. Lamotte makes them, but they are extremely expensive. You might be able to use much cheaper soil potassium test kit, but I'm not so sure how well it will work. But if you REALLY want them, hydroponic stores should sell them.

In general, it's hard to use overdose potassium. It's not supposed to contribute to algae growth either. So use in moderation, with water change, and you should be fine.
Sorry, my mistake.

Here's a link about Potassium deficiency.

http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_plant_nutrient.htm

Most reactions

Back