Post You Snake Head's

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
I has a new channa baby :drool: thanks Dave for the great price & excellant packaging :good: I love him, he's very cute in a lovely grumpy looking way. Looking forward to watching him grow.

Sorry, no piccies today as the kids have taken all my batteries for their wii remotes :angry: but he's still in hiding anyway, will try to get some nice ones tomorrow.

My cute little ornate channa babies have shown a totally different side to themselves this week as well, boy can they fight! They seem really placid during the day, but in the evening they totally go for it, one of them came off very badly after a fight two nights ago, he has a little hole in his head, right between the eyes, the skin lifts when he swims :blink: but he doesnt seem to suffer much for it & looks like he won the prime piece of slate he was after!

Have added some melafix for him & am keeping a close eye. They are funny at lights out as well, they all hide in the floating plants at the surface & just race at each other with their mouths open, the top of the water looks like it is boiling & when they hit each other they jump out of the water & plop back in again.

gave into this craze yesterday and picked up an ornate from BAS, went with the intention of getting auranti or "ice fire" but there were none left :(

would it be ok if i moved my snake heads from the tank that they are in (elite 147) into a juwel 180 ?
i want the smaller tank for some other fish i have and as water changes dont need to be done regularly on there tank the algae starts to build up and look a bit unsightly *new tank will be in my bedroom*

tank will have a play sand substrate (or if need be i can take the gravel that they have now)
the fluval 204 filter that they have now
most of the plants etc

any tips on moving them? i dont even know how to net them :/ ( is it just as i normally would) and what about re-acclimatising them to the new tank?

thanks in advance for any help offered :)

shelagh xxx

Nelly can i join........

I was at a show sunday and look what turned up :)

dscf4293%20large.jpg

This was a female from a pair of fish, still the owner has not breed them but at over 12 inchs she's a nice fish.

I has a new channa baby :drool: thanks Dave for the great price & excellant packaging :good: I love him, he's very cute in a lovely grumpy looking way. Looking forward to watching him grow.

Sorry, no piccies today as the kids have taken all my batteries for their wii remotes :angry: but he's still in hiding anyway, will try to get some nice ones tomorrow.

My cute little ornate channa babies have shown a totally different side to themselves this week as well, boy can they fight! They seem really placid during the day, but in the evening they totally go for it, one of them came off very badly after a fight two nights ago, he has a little hole in his head, right between the eyes, the skin lifts when he swims :blink: but he doesnt seem to suffer much for it & looks like he won the prime piece of slate he was after!

Have added some melafix for him & am keeping a close eye. They are funny at lights out as well, they all hide in the floating plants at the surface & just race at each other with their mouths open, the top of the water looks like it is boiling & when they hit each other they jump out of the water & plop back in again.

wow congrats,thats a nice channa daveoddballs was selling, opps there getting aggressive, my group have a few scrapes but nothing to worry about, good luck with them,pics please
[
gave into this craze yesterday and picked up an ornate from BAS, went with the intention of getting auranti or "ice fire" but there were none left :(

hehe weldone mate, got any pictures of it?how big?[
would it be ok if i moved my snake heads from the tank that they are in (elite 147) into a juwel 180 ?
i want the smaller tank for some other fish i have and as water changes dont need to be done regularly on there tank the algae starts to build up and look a bit unsightly *new tank will be in my bedroom*

tank will have a play sand substrate (or if need be i can take the gravel that they have now)
the fluval 204 filter that they have now
most of the plants etc

any tips on moving them? i dont even know how to net them :/ ( is it just as i normally would) and what about re-acclimatising them to the new tank?

thanks in advance for any help offered :)

shelagh xxx

yes shela that should be fine, no tips just net them and get ready incase they want to lauch into outter space much like oscars, what i always do is bag them up and float in new tank as with any new fish, iam funny like that..good luck got any pics of the sweet couple,

Nelly can i join........

I was at a show sunday and look what turned up :)

dscf4293%20large.jpg

very nice looking pulchra there bucko, see should have tagged along with you

no more recent pics nelly, hardly see them with all the junk *plants* in the tank, but they are in there...somewhere lol, ill get some new ones after the move :)

ill let you know how i get on, really looking forward to the prospect of them jumping.... not :lol:

shelagh xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back