Post You Snake Head's

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
okies, so if I went for another Channa, what could I have in there? Its about 52x14x20, 240ish ltrs. Could I have a channa with another fish? Maybe a Bichir?

i want my little white channa to go to a good home so anyone wanting one i will sell cheap as it has damaged tail!
tried to re-introduce to main tank today containing the sp. platinum but would of certainly been killed had i not taken it back out and no longer have the space realistically to keep it in its own tank!
somebody want to own this gorgeous fish and we can come to some sort of deal, but its gotta go soon!

"similar areas?
Arnt bichirs african?
And most snakeheads asian?
(besides parachanna)"

yes, channa are asian, parachanna african as are polypterus (bichir's) i have a delhezi bichir with my platinum snakehead and has lived with, channa bleheri, channa punctata and channa sp. assam and have not had a single problem, brilliant tank mates!

Dave

Do you have a picture Dave? I'd love to give him a good home, but not sure yet, what kind of tankmates do you think he would be happy with? I have 2 very timid malawi cichlids in there now, about 3.5 in, would he be ok with them? What type of tank does he need? Temp etc? Is pea gravel ok? Does he need lots of rocks & plants or a more open tank? What does he eat? Then i'd need to figure out where Lancaster is lol.

Sorry for all the questions so early in the morning!

karigupi,
he/she eats, well, anything really! i feed him lancefish, prawns, cockles and bloodworm.
erm it will get to around 10 inch so i should think a 4 foot tank would be sufficient, it is in a tank with gravel now, in the wild their substrate is made up of anything from mud to rotted leaves so i think anything would do!
in its short period with other fish it was fine, it was even with my little babe albino senegal bichirs for a day or 2! i wouldnt reccomend putting it with fish smaller than a few inch's though.
its kept at around 25 celcius but supposidly ok anywere inbetween 22 and 28 celcius.
it would need a few hiding spaces, probably appreciate some plants and a bit of open space, it is in a tank now with pea gravel and a few rocks as its hopefully just a temporary home!
erm lancaster is near preston you know were that is? or just north of blackpool!
northants? just north of london? think it would need posting!
could find out costs if you decide you want it.

Dave

yes you can keep these guys with birchir, alot of channa keepers do,

Agreed my Senegal and Bankanensis seem to always be chilling together, with even one stretched out on top of the other at times

Thanks for the info Dave, hubby comes upto Manchester & Liverpool quite a bit, might be able to talk him into doing a pick up. Will have a chat with him later & see what he says.

The tank I have is 52", it has a few plants in, some bogwood & rocks, & always have a supply of prawns, bloodworm etc for the other guys. Have to have a think & will get back to you as soon as I can.

yeah, it is a really nice looking fish, just the tail really it just grew back not the normal shape, like, square instead of round, swims perfect, eats perfect (probably too much actually!)
is altogether a happy chappy!
obviously will let it go cheap because of its tail but more important to me that it goes to a good home!
will make a really nice display once grown a bit!

Dave

######, doesnt look like he will be up that way till September now, would you consider posting him? If so, could you PM me please with a price for him including postage? I promise I would give him a very good home (all my fish are spoilt lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back