Post You Snake Head's

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll look forward to the pics later Nelly!!

Karl I am jeaous bout the Aurantis as I'd love a nice pair of them in a tank just for them, the pics that have been on the old snakeheads website were amazing!!

Talking bout the channas abilitys at jumping , I witnessed it first hand sunday when I shuffled some tanks around and I caught ,y 6 Pulchra to put in a deep bucket whilst moving other fish in. One of the Pulchra jumped out he water which was about 10 inches from top of bucket, landed on floor and shot stright under the fish tank cabinet which was a space of about an inch, It got itself stuck right under but I managed to get it out using a finger either side to gently persuade it out whilst panicking like a big wimp incase it bit me!! lol It came out covered in dog hair and fluff from the tumble but a couple of days later seems none the worse for its little adventure. I should have learnt from past experience when an Orientalis jumped out my sons tank during a water change but I didn't notice till it was too late!!

pleuno arrival x2
snakeheaddelivery2009001.jpg

snakeheaddelivery2009002.jpg

snakeheaddelivery2009003.jpg

snakeheaddelivery2009015.jpg

snakeheaddelivery2009033.jpg

snakeheaddelivery2009042.jpg

snakeheaddelivery2009043.jpg

snakeheaddelivery2009046.jpg

snakeheaddelivery2009056.jpg

snakeheaddelivery2009072.jpg

obscura x1
snakeheaddelivery2009004.jpg

snakeheaddelivery2009005.jpg

snakeheaddelivery2009008.jpg

snakeheaddelivery2009010.jpg

snakeheaddelivery2009052.jpg

snakeheaddelivery2009089.jpg

snakeheaddelivery2009085.jpg

snakeheaddelivery2009093.jpg

more to follow

Wow all looking good and seemed to have travelled without being too stressed :good:

Gold saum looks a little peeved though :lol:

Oh and stop biting your nails :lol:

Trust you to notice my nail's...yep can't stop that and also can't stop smoking, iam a bad person,,,,,
yes they all seem to be doing great, just about to rearrange tank's again, not happy with it

Trust you to notice my nail's...yep can't stop that and also can't stop smoking, iam a bad person,,,,,

I have the same afflications, otherwise Im perfect of course :lol:

How they doing this morning?

All settled in. I guess its time for some of the babies to leave the nest now?

i was going to pop on a few pics but when i go onto reply it doesn't give me the option to upload pics! i'll try again later!
the little babies are doing great neil, all grown, especially 2 of them! a good 1.5 inch i'd say! others are getting there too! i think my assams are starting to pair up but i think i need to take out the plecs and goldring sucker and especially the tiny clown loach's as if they got moody they would be the first to get it i think! i'm not sure what i will do with the other assams if 2 pair up as don't really have another place for them! also might et up a seperate tank for my bleheri and try and get hold of some more and try and get a pair of them!
hope alls well!

David

My 2 Channa assams and Gachua have just arrived, I will let them settle then get some pics up.

:shout: Brilliant news, how did they arrive,hope you are happy with them?
looking forward to the picture's :unsure: :D

The assams arrived looking really good m8, still quite coloured up tbh. I am in work now so not sure how their settling but hopefully looks all good. The Gachua was a little stressed but hes the biggest in the 6ft tank and considering the occupants in there its a very quiet tank. He has already removed the Ornate bichir from behind the filter where its darkest and claimed it for himself. I'm sure hes gonna be fine given some time, he's a bit of a beast. I will post pics tonight once I'm home

He must be about 8" m8. Didnt measure him an I am awful at estimating size, so she says anyway, lol. anyway, cant get any decent pics of the gachua yet as hes still hidden in behind the filter, best I can do for now. I will try a few more later.

The Gachua in the 6x2x2, he is in with a few Hoplos and Clown Loaches who are about 4" you reckon they will be ok? I am not sure, he is much chunkier too, as I say, hes a beast. I will try better pics soon
DSC00302.jpg

DSC00303.jpg

Now the main stars, the assams, already loving these guys, surprised they coloured up so quickly too despite being shipped overnight. I intend to add a lot more plants, thats all the ones they need that the shop had for now.

DSC00298.jpg

DSC00297.jpg

the more shy one
DSC00299.jpg

An a full tank shot, standard 36"x12"x15"
DSC00296.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online