Possible Newly Filled Leaking Tank

LastBoy5cout

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Nov 29, 2007
Messages
182
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Wiltshire
Just filed up a second four footer that I bought ( took me an age with just a ten litre bucket to do it ) and over night the water level has dropped about 4-5mm is this the substrate settling or ? There are no visible signs of a leak and I have checked everywhere and cannot see any sign of water or drips.

Can someone offer me any ideas? I cannot see it being evaporation as I only filled it yesterday afternoon.
 
Just filed up a second four footer that I bought ( took me an age with just a ten litre bucket to do it ) and over night the water level has dropped about 4-5mm is this the substrate settling or ? There are no visible signs of a leak and I have checked everywhere and cannot see any sign of water or drips.

Can someone offer me any ideas? I cannot see it being evaporation as I only filled it yesterday afternoon.

if i was you i would fill it to the fill line one more time and put a mark on the tank with a felt tip and if it drop.s you will then no good luck
 
There isnt a full line on it so filled it up to about two inches from the top.

Im using the tide mark laft by floating debris as a marker, as the tank has new substrate in it there is a lot of floating debris and that sticks to the side of the tank and acts a marker.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top