Possible New Tankmate Suggestions?

youdirtyfox

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
114
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
UK, South
HI everyone,
at the moment I have 1 x 8" Oscar and 1 x 7" black ghost knife fish and 3 6" redtailed tinfoil barbs
I have been wondering what other fish I could fit in?! I would love an Arowana, but feel the tank maybe too small! but I know I could fit a few more fish in :)so any suggestions welcome.

Tank has been running almost a year and is 1.5m x 48cm x 53cm and just under 400litres with the curved end. now full with RO btw, 1 x external canister and 2 x internal fluval plus 4.

Thanks
Sam.
 
Hi, yes i'm afraid the tank is nowhere near the size required for an arowana,

You could maybe add a bichir (senegal, delhezi or ornate) or plec,
Or another smaller cichlid or a trio or so of hoplos or similar cats
 
Thanks for the reply,
Tried a few cats and BGK doesnt seem to get on with other bottom feaders too much.
not keen on plecs or bichirs, sorry i know lots do love them.

What other cichlids could i look at??
 
Thanks for the reply,
Tried a few cats and BGK doesnt seem to get on with other bottom feaders too much.
not keen on plecs or bichirs, sorry i know lots do love them.

What other cichlids could i look at??

Most cichlids that get to around 6" should be fine, so

Convict
Sajica
Spilurum
Acara
Firemouth
T.Ellioti
T.Aureus
 

Most reactions

Back
Top