Poorly Betta

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

So stand in a lit room, when it's dark outside and look at the window...tell me what you see, apart from your own reflection? ;)
That will only occur when you have all your room lights off. We were talking about the refractive light that happens when you have two panes of glass at right angles to each other. I actually think that the aquarium lights are so bright that the fish wouldn't see themselves even under the situation you describe.

Sad to hear and the thing that leaps out at me (again) is that you had ammonia AND nitrite in the tank. This would not have occurred in a properly maintanined and cycled tank.
He was moved to the emergency tank, which was set up from scratch, as he wasn't doing well in the community tank, which has excellent conditions.

My Betta, who is in a 240 litre community tank isn't well and I'm not sure how to help him.
He cannot be well in a community tank !!
Betta is a solitary/hermit fish that has nothing to do in a huge tank like yours.
The only way to save him is to dedicate him a cycled 30 litres tank, heavily planted, dimly lit, looow current,with no mate. Or maybe some shrimps. That is all.
Parameters will be :
pH 6-7
GH-KH below 8
ammonia/nitrite/nitrate = zero
Food will be high protein (50%) pellets + live or frozen food.

@Avel1896
He was already informed that the fish doesn't belong in a community tank. He moved him to an uncycled tank of his own (also not ideal at all) and he passed away already.

@Avel1896
He was already informed that the fish doesn't belong in a community tank. He moved him to an uncycled tank of his own (also not ideal at all) and he passed away already.

Poor fish. This is desperate.
Thank you both for your pontificating, as mentioned I did not have an emergency tank to transfer the fish to so I had to go out and buy one. It was set up in an attempt to save the fish but that ultimately failed. I see arguments on this site for both sides of the "does a betta belong in a community tank" question. Having spent over £100 in an attempt to save the fish I find your attitudes offensive. I'll not say any more about this.

I was merely pointing out to a user that did not read the entire thread what had happened. Apologies if it was offensive. Not my intent.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back