Poor Cecil

dixaisy930

I'm trying really hard to act normal
Reaction score
As some of you know, my new betta Cecil is quite overweight. I've only been feeding him one betta pellet a day, and was wondering if I should feed him a little more (maybe another one or two a day) so he doesn't get stressed. He doesn't swim around much, but I'm just chalking that up to his weight problem.

I'm also concerned about him being constipated. I use aquarium salt, but have heard epson satl works. Should I only treat him if I KNOW there's a problem?

-Off to to work out with Cecil :kana: :smb: :lol: -

Dixaisy your posts crack me up. If you think your fish is constipated perhaps a bit of EXLAX will help, just smash it into powder and feed.....JUST KIDDING :no: :no: .

If he is really overweight I think he will be ok if you continue to monitor the amount of food you give him...and of course continue with his exercise program. :smb:

I'm glad someone enjoys my posts... :clap: :lol:

I feel so bad for him...he's just hanging around the top of the tank...he's stomach's so big.

The sit-ups have done nothing for his stomach.. :lol:

i bet if he could talk, he'd tell you it was just puppy fat :lol: ;)

i reckon 1 pellet a day is good enough for a fat fish :rolleyes:

Cecil is doing worse :/ I think he has dropsy...not "baby fat". His poor scales are sticking out a little. The poor guy just stays in one spot... :-( he looks so bloated. :-( Even around his gills...I'm putting some of the silver stuff wuvmybetta uses, but it doesn't look like he's improving any. :no: His color is getting paler, and it looks like his eyes are cloudy. The poor guy :-( :-( My only concelation is that he didn't have to spend any more time in that disgusting cup. :unsure:

Dropsy is VERY hard to cure.About 6 months ago I treated my favorite little guy with silver when he got dropsy....he never worsened but he didn't get better either,he stayed the same for about a month & a half with silver treatment,never acted sick,still ate but...never got better. So I stopped using the silver and bought spectrogram and within 4 days he died :sad:

I suspected dropsy when you said he was overweight, I couldn't imagine a pet shop betta being nourished enough to be fat :/ .So sorry about that but as you said....at least he's not in the cup :sad:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back