pond water????

macky1

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
came home today to find my pond water has gone a brownie/greeny colour.

did a few checks ,ph,ammonia,nitrite all fine.....
filters still working fine?

what could it be,

we have had 2 very warm days of late could it be an algal bloom of some kind???

will me fish be ok in it?

macky :D

Algea bloom.

Do nothing It will fix itself if you have enought plants. Mabey a water change but no chemicals (de-chlorinator is okay/good idea)! Your fish will be fine assumeing there is enought oxygen for them. You may want to airate the pond. You could use a UV sterilizer in line with your filter but they can be spendy for a pond.

Enjoy watching your fish come up from the murk. Look on the bright side.

-_- hi yes sun will have that effect,what i do is go to either your lfs,or garden centre get some (barleystraw)this is made up into small bundles,and is very cheap just float it in the pond give it a week or 10 days you should see signs of the water clearing regards fishbie 23 plymouth s-west uk

cheers chaps

i have 2 25 watt uvs in the filter anyway

and have a pouch of barley in the filter and 1 in the pond but they have been in there a while so i will get some new ones today

plenty of oxygen in there waterfall/fountan
i have done all the test and all is well

hope it clears soon...:eek:( :-(

I really dislike the idea of barley straw it kills the botom tiers of the food chain. Barley straw works by releaseing H2O2 as it decomposes and that isn't good for the little criters that live in your water (including beneficial bacteria) It obviously won't kill them but its not good for anything with out a liver.

JMHO

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back