Pond Pump For Fish Room

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Rorie

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I need a new air pump for my fish room. Currently running a 50l/min Yamitsu LP50. I have 26 air filters running and it just doesnt have enough 'umph'! The filters in my deeper tanks (just 18 inches deep) are not running, so i need to put bog wood under them so the water pressure is less. Then they work ok. But air stones dont work as they have too much resistance. Anybody in the know....do i need more pressure? higher flow rate? Both? Suggestions as to a pump? I dont care about the noise as its in the fish room in the garage. But low wattage is good....more importantly low in price!!

If you have a hydroponic store in your area, they usually have good blower pumps at good prices. That's where I buy all my air pumps and water pumps. Generally half the price of a pet store for the exact same thing.

If you have a hydroponic store in your area, they usually have good blower pumps at good prices. That's where I buy all my air pumps and water pumps. Generally half the price of a pet store for the exact same thing.

hmm, i have no idea haha. any idea of shop name? or size i'd need?

Google hydroponics in your area. I'm in California so can't help you there.
As for size look at the packaging, it should have list of how deep it can push to. Sorry I can't be more help, but things are different in the UK, than here in the states.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back