Polystrene Foam

I would go to hardware stores, carpet stores etc and ask if they have any off-cuts or anything. That's probably your best bet. :)

Edit: Spelling.
 
Got mine from Wicks, if I remember rightly it was £5 for a piece 8ft by 2ft and around 2" thick.
 
Pardon my ignorance but why do you want a piece of polystyrene under a tank? I have 16 running with nothing under them but their stands.
 
Pardon my ignorance but why do you want a piece of polystyrene under a tank? I have 16 running with nothing under them but their stands.
To even out the pressure on the base.

Most European tanks have a base on which the sides sit, meaning the base takes all the weight onto it. Many American tanks have a floating base where the weight is taken by the sides with the base effectively floating (hence the term) and as such do not really benefit from polystyrene.
 
Thanks Andy. I didn't realize that the floating base was not standard. I have never seen anything else.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top