Polluted river

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Pronounced why-eye but with a Geordie/Mackem accent. I have a Lancashire accent so I can't say it properly ;)
Close, but no coconut!

Why Aye - is indeed a geordie/mackem term, but signifies agreement

Why y' boys is pronounced "why yuh boys", and is a politer term than "Why yuh bugger" (or "Why yuh bugger man"). Of course, in the North East, it is one word*, usually prefaced by "Eeeeee" (as many Lancashire and Yorkshire phrases are). It is an expression of astonishment.

*Geordie is an agglutinative language, like German, where sentences and words are made by joining other words together. There is a story (probably apocryphal, but it illustrates the accent) that when the Japanese were inspecting the new site for what became the Datsun plant, they also had a look round heavy industry in the area (we had some then - those were the good old days). They complimented the management of one yard on the number of foreign workers he employed,. This puzzled the manager until the Japanese said "There - that man" It was a Geordie who had shouted "Howwayhoyerrammerowerhyuh" Translation: "Excuse me, my good fellow. Would you mind awfully passing me your hammer? Thanks, old boy. Jolly good"

Accent, speed, and dialect make us almost unintelligible to the rest of the world.

And that is how we like it. d:D

Last edited:
Close, but no coconut!

Why Aye - is indeed a geordie/mackem term, but signifies agreement

Why y' boys is pronounced "why yuh boys", and is a politer term than "Why yuh bugger" (or "Why yuh bugger man"). Of course, in the North East, it is one word*, usually prefaced by "Eeeeee" (as many Lancashire and Yorkshire phrases are). It is an expression of astonishment.

*Geordie is an agglutinative language, like German, where sentences and words are made by joining other words together. There is a story (probably apocryphal, but it illustrates the accent) that when the Japanese were inspecting the new site for what became the Datsun plant, they also had a look round heavy industry in the area (we had some then - those were the good old days). They complimented the management of one yard on the number of forging workers he employed,. This puzzled the manager until the Japanes said "There - that man" It was a Geordie who had shouted "Howwayhoyerrammerowerhyuh" Translation: "Excuse me, my good fellow. Would you mind awfully passing me your hammer? Thanks, old boy. Jolly good"

Acent, speed, and dialect make us almost unintelligible to the rest of the world.

And that is how we like it. d:D
Yes most of what I saw on Geordie Shore was unintelligible :rofl: :rofl:

When we first moved to Teesside I was OK with Yorkshire accents but I couldn't understand a word the ex-pat Geordies said. Mind, when I lived in Cardiff I couldn't understand them either, nor the Cambridge accent where we lived when we were first married :lol:
Then we moved to Cheshire, then back to Lancashire and I was fine

Update guys;
I found guppies in this river too.
And also new born frog and also goose.
[USER=134509]@PheonixKingZ @AdoraBelle Dearheart

Oh and this is their parent
FC18F588-92F6-4B15-95C9-2BC23DD23C68.jpeg

Last edited:
I cant believe it, The water parameters of this polluted river is
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 20 (How??? I tested by using every test brand on this)
Gh 5
Kh 5
pH 7

Why are you confused on the level of nitrates? In an aquarium, nitrates should be kept under 20ppm. Since this is a river, I imagine there are a lot of things decaying, hence high nitrate levels.

Why are you confused on the level of nitrates? In an aquarium, nitrates should be kept under 20ppm. Since this is a river, I imagine there are a lot of things decaying, hence high nitrate levels.
But this the nitrate are lower than my fish tank....

Most reactions

Back