POLL: What Colour Neocaridina Dwarf Shrimp do you like?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Which Colour Neocaridina Dwarf Shrimp would you choose?

• Orange

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Snowball (White)

• Dark Blue

• Lime Green

• Yellow

• Black

• Orange Rilli

• None, i hate shrimp!!

• Total voters

neoyyf

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
IMG_2359.jpg
Hi everyone!

I am soon going to get a colony of shrimps but cannot decide on which colour to go for. I only want one colour as i dont want them interbreeding. Im new to keeping shrimp so i will go for Neocaridina rather than Caridina for now.

Theyl go in a planted 48 litre tank which currently only houses snails and it has been running for almost 2 months.

So i made a collage of different colour Neocaridina shrimps and named them rather simply by colour so that i can ask friends and family (but sadly didnt get a much reponse) eg i simply called the black one “Black” rather than “Santa Rose” to avoid confusion. I didnt know what to call the Rilli patterns but have added it to the poll.

If i have missed out a colour, please let me know

So come on guys! Help me out! If you had to pick one colour what will you choose?

Last edited:
Definitely between the jade green and the red-white.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

I have so many RCS they are used as fish food.

Even 5 Betta females in the same tank cant keep the population under control.
tmutBOz.jpg

I have so many RCS they are used as fish food.

What a shame they are used as fish food :( you have some beautiful deep red colours there, maybe deep enough to be called Bloody Mary. Maybe sell some to your LFS or put a classifieds up then with the extra money get some premium food for the bettas. Cherry shrimp are not too common in my area, and i know theyre worth a little here

They are sold as feeder shrimp $1 each.

I am a Betta keeper and put shrimp in the tank to give my girls something to hunt, The shrimp must love the conditions in my tank because they breed faster than pest snails, earlier today I counted 17 heavily berried females, thats an awful lot of baby shrimp over the next few weeks.

I am actually thinking of converting this to a shrimp tank. Right now it has Tetras in it, but I can give them to the pet shop. Thats a 6 foot 100 gallon tank. A colony or 3 or 400 would look great in there.
zzHqueO.jpg

My former shrimp tank.

Last edited:
More votes please! At home i have finally got some people to make a decision and all 3 said jelly blue :O One family member went as far as to saying that they wouldnt want to keep a colour that looks like food/sushi XD

They are sold as feeder shrimp $1 each.I am a Betta keeper and put shrimp in the tank to give my girls something to hunt.]
Thats an awesome vid of your old shrimp tank. You have inspired me to do that one day with my tank. I never knew shrimps could swim across a tank like, i thought they preferred to stick to a surface. Its absolutely inspiring! I think converting a 6ft 100 gallon tank for feeder shrimp is wild and crazy but i love the idea XD

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back