Pogostemon Helferi

mfarrar

Reaction score
Thinking of growing some of this in my tank, read a lot of conflicting reviews of how difficult it is to grow. Anyone have any success growing this?

No clue how to grow it but I was actually just looking it up on tropica. I was wondering were to get it? I use sites like aquarium plants and azgarden and they dont carry it...can I ask were you would be getting yours from?

www.birstall.co.uk sometimes list it - I have some and it seems pretty simple to grow though growth rates are pretty slow. Keeps lower down if light levels are decent, and as with anything CO2 won't do any harm either. Mine are now looking really nice after a few months under decent light with EI and CO2, didn't do quite so well in my other tank though it didn't die, it just grew more slowly. I think Tropica may be one of the only companies to sell it in the UK, I have seen it on eBay but for really stupid money ~£10 for a single stem!

Ordered mine from GreenLine, says stock is limited so have to see if the order goes through ok. Heres the link:

http://www.aquaticplants.eu.com/

I have the Nutrafin Yeast C02 system and I think my lighting is pretty good.

Hi, I have had no probs with this, it grows faster than I was told it would and looks cool BUT my bristlenoses like to munch on it everynow and again! It seems to induce it to grow though, so I am not complaining!

mine is in my tank now, it was only a very small cutting but hopefully it will grow.

I have found that once settled in the right conditions it really takes off. I moved some to my 15-gallon from my 5-gallon around 6 weeks ago and it has really taken well, forming lovely bushes. My advice is to leave it be, moving it around too much seems to halt it's growth substantially (though that likely goes for many plants!).

Most reactions

Back