Plecos Going Bananas?

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
8,209
Reaction score
5
Points
38
Location
South Africa
just for interrest sake, I chucked in a piece of banana & my plecos are pushing each other around to get to it..... Plain curiosity or do they really like it?? I see the Rios are also interrested.... pecking at it?
 
thats interesting, i have never tried mine with anything other than cucumber ** looks at empty fruit bowl** they will have fun with that, all gooey, are the plecos in the house or outside? makes no difference im just wondering

shelagh xxx
 
don't leave the banana for anymore than 5 or 10 mins, I used banana once, poisoned my tank and wiped out alot of my fish.
 
I have heard that they do like it, but it can really be messy in your tank.
 
Never tried sinking it for the plecs, but I sometimes give little bits to my other fish, tetras seem to love it.
 
My gourami loves bananas - hence his name Mr banana!! :lol: My rams like them too so do the guppies. Ive left mine in overnight with no ill effects.

The thing is to experiment you will be surprised what they will like. the other day i was eating my sandwich in front of the tank and my German Blue rams came up to me begging as usual so i tried them on a bit of tuna from my sandwich - they loved it and so did the danios!! :lol:
 
Hmm, they probably would like that, if you remember my article on alternative foods, than mangos are also a good choice, corydoras enjoy it.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top