Pleco

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Patrick Fakess

Reaction score
I have a 6 inch pleco that seems to be acting weird I checked the water and I donā€™t see anything crazy.. Any ideas? I tried to post a picture of my water test because itā€™s perfect! I have great filtration and it totally blows me away because I donā€™t know what it could be and Iā€™ve had my pleco for a year and a half

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Please explain how it is acting, besides weird. What is it doing?

Post a picture and short 20 second video of the fish.
If the pictures are too big for the website, set the camera's resolution to its lowest setting and take some more. The lower resolution will make the images smaller and they should fit on this website. Check the pictures on your pc and find a couple that are clear and show the problem, and post them here. Make sure you turn the camera's resolution back up after you have taken the pics otherwise all your pictures will be small.

If the video is too big for this website, post it on YouTube and copy & paste the link here. We can view it at YouTube. If you are using a mobile phone to take the video, have the phone horizontal so the video takes up the entire screen. If you have the phone vertical, you get video in the middle and black on either side.

--------------------------
What is the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH of the water (in numbers)?
How often do you do water changes and how much water do you change?
Do you gravel clean the substrate when you do a water change?
Do you dechlorinate the new water before adding it to the tank?
How often do you clean the filter and how do you clean it?

Do you have driftwood in the tank?
What do you feed the fish?
How long has the fish been acting weird for?
Have you added anything during the last couple of weeks?

What do you feed the pleco? They like algae wafers and blanched vegetables like cucumber. Is there algae in the tank for the pleco to eat? Do you have wood in the tank? Wood helps with digestion.

Hello, and welcome to the forum! :hi:

What specific type of Place is it?

What do you feed it?

How long have to had it?

And how many gallons of water does he live in? :)

(Please include a picture) :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back