Pleco Appreciation Thread

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

My (new-ish) little guy, enjoying his first veggies since being put into the tank...of course, he bolts as soon as he sees the camera

[VIDEO]
Adorable video! He was loving those. Never thought of trying green beans, but will have to now!

I like the roasting fork holder idea too, genius!

Can't even have my other chunk of bogwood in my tank because it just bled into the water so badly it looked like a blackwater tank. (Spoiler: it was not).
This was the actual colour of the wood, and it only got worse the longer I kept it there.
It doesn't do them any harm though does it? I've heard the tannings are good for them? Mine still tans the water, but with regular water and carbon changes it seems to be doing ok.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It doesn't do them any harm though does it? I've heard the tannings are good for them? Mine still tans the water, but with regular water and carbon changes it seems to be doing ok.
No, I don't think it does, but it just looks quite nasty when it's not exactly the look you're going for lol

Nope, doesn't do any harm, actually good for them. Tannins can help prevent bacterial and fungal infections, lots of research has been done on the beneficial properties of tannins!

If it's not the look you're going for, can keep soaking the wood in a bucket or boiling it to reduce the amount of tannins left. My chunk of bogwood released tannins for a while, but stopped now. It will stop eventually :)
Yep, he was "nomming" down, lol....do try green beans, nice source of fiber...as for the forks, I bought these, work great to reach into deeper tanks, and easy to remove when done

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SVVQ6QH/?tag=ff0d01-20

Nice! I have a pretty long one in the cupboard, will dig it out for a good wash now!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Rare Sighting last night, a male L183 Starlight. The supposed female is in another tank, hopefully will try to breed them. I got them about 14 months ago approx. 3/4" long. Now nearly 4".

Africans with L183 Starlight c.jpg

Rare Sighting last night, a male L183 Starlight. The supposed female is in another tank, hopefully will try to breed them. I got them about 14 months ago approx. 3/4" long. Now nearly 4".

View attachment 131280
Oh yay! Another Starlight!
I only recently got my 1 and half inch baby and toying with the idea of getting another in the hopes I'll have a M/F pair in time. In the meantime, Ziggy has been quite brave!
DSCF5719.JPG

Should I attempt to feed my pleco tonight? (I got him today) Or should I let him settle for today and try tomorrow? He has found a little nook in the bog wood and has been there since I brought him home. Think he's found his happy place

Should I attempt to feed my pleco tonight? (I got him today) Or should I let him settle for today and try tomorrow? He has found a little nook in the bog wood and has been there since I brought him home. Think he's found his happy place
He'll be fine for one night, try feeding tomorrow

Sounds good...and yes, all fish love the garlic flavor, I had no idea until I

My (new-ish) little guy, enjoying his first veggies since being put into the tank...of course, he bolts as soon as he sees the camera

[VIDEO]
Pleco hasn't been seen since I put him in the tank yesterday, he's not coming out, but guess its only been a day. The snails however are loving the cucumber chunk.

Attachments

• 20210311_120420.jpg
    20210311_120420.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 59

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back