Please suggest me an Economic Rimless Aquarium for Betta

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

why

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I wanted to start a betta tank, got tempted with Petco Aqueon tank sale (Rimless 5.5 Gallon getting for $15 and 6 gallon cube for $30), but backed off looking at the reviews every one complaining about leaks. I really wanted a peace of mind tank and not to worry about leaks.

I currently have an Aqueon clip on Planted tank light, a spong filter some substrate and liquids lying around from my other tank and an aqueon 25W fixed heater. Kind of tight with the budget and dont wanted to go above $55 at the max. Please suggest me a Aesthetic rimless tank for betta, and a very silent filter.

Greatly Appreciate your replies and advise.. This is my second thread in last 24 hours, really sorry for starting another thread. I will for sure cycle my tank before adding betta.

Thanks.

Last edited:
With rimless you pay for the ā€œpizazzā€ of it being so nifty to look at. Besides petco sales Iā€™d think youā€™d be hard pressed to find a quality one, I think fluval offers rimless with internal filter setups that are nice but pricey. Iā€™d personally recommend a bowfront as they offer a nice panoramic view of the tank and most come in good wide/tall sizes.

With rimless you pay for the ā€œpizazzā€ of it being so nifty to look at. Besides petco sales Iā€™d think youā€™d be hard pressed to find a quality one, I think fluval offers rimless with internal filter setups that are nice but pricey. Iā€™d personally recommend a bowfront as they offer a nice panoramic view of the tank and most come in good wide/tall sizes.
Iā€™d be very careful with bow-fronted tanks. Iā€™m repeating whatā€™s been said on here but one of our members heard a ā€˜pingā€™ and ended up with gallons off water on the floor (not forgetting fish etcā€¦.) Apparently, the process of bending the glass reduces its strength.

Hi Folks,

I wanted to start a betta tank, got tempted with Petco Aqueon tank sale (Rimless 5.5 Gallon getting for $15 and 6 gallon cube for $30), but backed off looking at the reviews every one complaining about leaks. I really wanted a peace of mind tank and not to worry about leaks.

I currently have an Aqueon clip on Planted tank light, a spong filter some substrate and liquids lying around from my other tank and an aqueon 25W fixed heater. Kind of tight with the budget and dont wanted to go above $55 at the max. Please suggest me a Aesthetic rimless tank for betta, and a very silent filter.

Greatly Appreciate your replies and advise.. This is my second thread in last 24 hours, really sorry for starting another thread. I will for sure cycle my tank before adding betta.

Thanks.
As mentioned above rimless tanks are often more expensive as they will use clear silicone and there is no floating base or hood to hide messy silicone work so they take longer to produce.

That said though I think the Delerle Scapers Cubes are quite reasonable?

Wills

That said though I think the Delerle Scapers Cubes are quite reasonable?
I think you mean Dennerle ;)

It's not all in German, you can select English by clicking on the Union Jack flag symbol.

Iā€™d be very careful with bow-fronted tanks. Iā€™m repeating whatā€™s been said on here but one of our members heard a ā€˜pingā€™ and ended up with gallons off water on the floor (not forgetting fish etcā€¦.) Apparently, the process of bending the glass reduces its strength.
Ah, Iā€™ve owned three of varying sizes and never had an issue. Might have been a quality control issue or from a less reputable manufacturer?

thank you very much for your replies. I had only small room and so wanted to take 5gallon with just betta.. and wanted to make most of it other than that i dont have anything specific or so. 5gallon small tank and with that black borders i feel the feel is bit different compared to 40G or so.. but i may be wrong too.

i found this close to my budget .. lets see.

AquaTop HIGH Clarity Glass Cube 4.12 GALLONS
That looks like a lovely tank, but a Betta likes to be near the surface so I would suggest a rectangular tank, not so deep and with more swimming length. Also, it will need a cover, which might spoil your minimalist look, as Bettas can jump.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
  • Useful
Reactions: why
That looks like a lovely tank, but a Betta likes to be near the surface so I would suggest a rectangular tank, not so deep and with more swimming length. Also, it will need a cover, which might spoil your minimalist look, as Bettas can jump.
Thank you very much for your reply and letting me know a new point that it will be better to have rectangular tank for betta and from I found based on your points it is true.. wonder why so any videos in youtube and other betta forums like to display their tanks more of a cube.. seems i have learn more and more.. and I am very thankful.

Thank you very much for your reply and letting me know a new point that it will be better to have rectangular tank for betta and from I found based on your points it is true.. wonder why so any videos in youtube and other betta forums like to display their tanks more of a cube.. seems i have learn more and more.. and I am very thankful.
I think the cube tanks look lovely, but they are sold by people who are creating a ā€œlookā€, not by people who want the best for the fishes we keep.
There was a thread recently where ā€™fish tanksā€™ were in the tummy of soft toys, and in something resembling a food blender cup (with quick change water feature)! Just because a Betta can survive in a cup of water in the wild if it needs to, that is a survival response, not a thriving one. I think if you are going to keep any animal as a pet you should do your very best to give it the best environment possible.

Iā€™ve just had a quick Google and have found this on the UK site. 25 ltrs is just over 5 imperial gallons and 6 US gallon according to the converter on my phone. My Betta is in a 25ltr tank. C2C45970-8FD5-4B9F-9C98-F683D926B394.jpeg7FA37E9B-AB79-428A-AE42-B891402549F9.jpeg
EDIT: If you had enough live plants in the tank you wouldnā€™t need a filter. I think youā€˜d need to read up on the Silent Cycleā€¦

Last edited:
I think the cube tanks look lovely, but they are sold by people who are creating a ā€œlookā€, not by people who want the best for the fishes we keep.
There was a thread recently where ā€™fish tanksā€™ were in the tummy of soft toys, and in something resembling a food blender cup (with quick change water feature)! Just because a Betta can survive in a cup of water in the wild if it needs to, that is a survival response, not a thriving one. I think if you are going to keep any animal as a pet you should do your very best to give it the best environment possible.
truly agree to your point, and very happy to keep learning.

Iā€™ve just had a quick Google and have found this on the UK site. 25 ltrs is just over 5 imperial gallons and 6 US gallon according to the converter on my phone. My Betta is in a 25ltr tank.View attachment 140134View attachment 140135
EDIT: If you had enough live plants in the tank you wouldnā€™t need a filter. I think youā€˜d need to read up on the Silent Cycleā€¦
Your tank looks so beautiful , i know that I am asking many details. When you have some time kindly please list the plants and the light you have. will check if i can find anything in amazon.com

Your tank looks so beautiful , i know that I am asking many details. When you have some time kindly please list the plants and the light you have. will check if i can find anything in amazon.com
Sorry for the late reply, yesterday was busy!

Thank you for your compliment on my tank. Itā€™s ok, but not particularly well planned, Blue seems to like it enough and thatā€™s the important thing.

My tank is an Aquadistri Home 30 (only 25 ltrs though, not 30!) and I got this as it was an ā€˜all in oneā€™ tank, lights, filteR which I thought would be really good for a first time fish keeperā€¦ I wouldnā€™t buy this again, or recommend it particularly. It looks nice enough but I bought a second filter as the one that came with it had sealed unit with the filter media that it recommended you changed every month. I couldnā€™t work out how youā€™d maintain the BB if you threw away your filter media each monthā€¦
So, I bought a small Eheim filter, prised the filter housing off using a flexible carving knife and scalpel to remove the silicone.
As for the plantsā€¦? Another newbie error. I knew I needed live plants and grabbed a selection of ā€˜easyā€™ care ones. I know there are two Amazon Swords and the floating plants are water spangles. The fluffy looking plant on the right is some sort of sessiflora (I think)ā€¦
B7D3937F-E7A0-4C91-A328-F44B59F04333.png

• Brilliant

Most reactions

trending

Back