Please suggest me an Economic Rimless Aquarium for Betta

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Sorry for the late reply, yesterday was busy!

Thank you for your compliment on my tank. Itā€™s ok, but not particularly well planned, Blue seems to like it enough and thatā€™s the important thing.

My tank is an Aquadistri Home 30 (only 25 ltrs though, not 30!) and I got this as it was an ā€˜all in oneā€™ tank, lights, filteR which I thought would be really good for a first time fish keeperā€¦ I wouldnā€™t buy this again, or recommend it particularly. It looks nice enough but I bought a second filter as the one that came with it had sealed unit with the filter media that it recommended you changed every month. I couldnā€™t work out how youā€™d maintain the BB if you threw away your filter media each monthā€¦
So, I bought a small Eheim filter, prised the filter housing off using a flexible carving knife and scalpel to remove the silicone.
As for the plantsā€¦? Another newbie error. I knew I needed live plants and grabbed a selection of ā€˜easyā€™ care ones. I know there are two Amazon Swords and the floating plants are water spangles. The fluffy looking plant on the right is some sort of sessiflora (I think)ā€¦
View attachment 140166
Thank you very much, that is very useful... will get back to you once i planned my tank and other things. Water spangles are also new to me.. and i have to explore more...

Floating plants are very good at removing ammonia from the water, they provide shade/reduced light. Blue spends hours searching the roots for something to eatā€¦ Iā€™m not sure what he finds but he grabs at something periodically! šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Most reactions

trending

Back