Please Read! Substrate Problem.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

guppyguy1234

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i hear that when having sand in the aquarium that it can trap gasses and things that can harm fish when realeased into the water i just want to know of any way i can siphon my sand without it being sucked up through the tube into my bucket.

There shouldn't be any need for a therapeutic adding of salt.  Moving them over should go easily... just remember to acclimatize them same way you would if you were bringing them from the shop.

Hi
If you keep your siphon roughly an inch above the substrate and just slightly use swirl motion it picks up the debris and just a minimal amount of substrate , not enough to worry about . The gases that can come trap is easy to solve as when you do your weekly clean just lightly run your  fingers through the substrate also move any things like wood or ornaments again just run fingers through.
Hope this helps    

ok i dont think the first person who replied understood my question but bikerfish thanks that is exactley ehat i wad looking for.

D'Oh!  Totally don't know what happened there... that was supposed to be my response for a different thread! 
blush.png

PrairieSunflower said:
D'Oh!  Totally don't know what happened there... that was supposed to be my response for a different thread!  :blush:
And there i was thinking, am i that drunk already? Lol

It is 3:36am here and we're still drinking some bad stuff

haha dont worry about it guys a little mishapp oh well thanks for the answers.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back