PLEASE I THINK FISH DYING

northnoob

New Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2005
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Points
0
:byebye: I think my green spotted puffer has been breathing air or something...! HE JUST FLOATS THOUGH HE IS BARELY STILL ALIVE AND WHEN HE GES UNDERWATER HE FLOATS UP OR BUBLES COME OUT OF HIS GILLS DOES THIS MEAN HES PUFED...? HE IS NOT BIG AT ALL... SAME SIZE AS NORMAL... WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIM AND HOW CAN I HELP?! :-( :sick: :sad: :byebye:
 
hate to say this cause I get tired of reading it but

What are the stats of the tank??

Nitrite, nitrate, ammonia, PH, salinity, temperature, size of tank, other tank mates, filtration, what kind of aquarium salt are you using, how long have you had your puffer, how big is he?

well to start with.

I am very sorry by the way to hear of your sick little guy!
 
i think most of us are guilty of obtaining the wrong type of fish when we first start out.lots of research is always needed.newbies to the hobby always look past "the easy fish" like neons etc.i know,as you guys do.we've all done it.learn from your mistakes is the most important thing.i've made plenty off them.
 
Not to change the subject but neons can be hard to keep too

very susceptable to water quality, stress, enviroment changes and disease
 
mattbeau said:
Not to change the subject but neons can be hard to keep too

very susceptable to water quality, stress, enviroment changes and disease
[snapback]881478[/snapback]​

That must depend where they come from then, because the ones i buy here in sunny Clacton get moved around and messed about in my tanks all the time, admitidaly so far ive never had anything but perfect water in all my tanks (touch wood) but they have beem in with some very dodgy tank mates. I currently keep my test shoal in with my RBP's, have lost just one in there in a month.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top