Please help with my betta fish

JackieP

New Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2020
Messages
31
Reaction score
19
Points
8
Location
Florida
Hello, so I just bought my betta fish like four days ago. Tank is clean and cycled 0 ammonia 0 nitrites. So after I bought my fish I noticed she has some white on her nose. Almost like she’s missing scales. Also her little front fins are a little frayed. She’s eating and swimming around a lot but I’m really worried something is wrong like fish rot. Her head is kinda black but I don’t know if that’s just her color. I’ll attach pictures please help.
 

Attachments

  • 7B9C088F-DE94-473D-963E-DB6C6E44D56A.webp
    7B9C088F-DE94-473D-963E-DB6C6E44D56A.webp
    84.4 KB · Views: 181
  • 9373E950-FC0B-4C3C-BDC9-A30F780D95AA.webp
    9373E950-FC0B-4C3C-BDC9-A30F780D95AA.webp
    102.8 KB · Views: 207
  • 5F0C9668-6B83-4A2C-9DF8-9208785F000F.webp
    5F0C9668-6B83-4A2C-9DF8-9208785F000F.webp
    192.8 KB · Views: 168
  • 51B33E94-DB4F-43CD-B7EB-1A490469DBAB.webp
    51B33E94-DB4F-43CD-B7EB-1A490469DBAB.webp
    102.9 KB · Views: 201
  • 78886D39-67D2-407E-B7B0-2C13A7DD185E.webp
    78886D39-67D2-407E-B7B0-2C13A7DD185E.webp
    99.3 KB · Views: 160
I think the white patch might just be her coloring. I would keep an eye on it and see if it gets bigger.
Her fins don't look that bad. She might be nipping them because they're long and hard to swim with. If you notice the fins looking frayed and tattered, then she might have fin rot.
 
Thank you for replying! She is very active and eating well so I thought she was ok I was just worried. Is it normal for them to nip their fins? I just didn’t want to ignore something that I could fix.
 
Yes, bettas with longer fins do often nip their fins. The longer the fins, the harder it is for the fish to swim with them. So, they nip them to lighten the weight. It's nothing to worry about. Just keep an eye out for fin rot, which will make the fins look tattered instead of nipped.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top