Please help- golden dojo loach

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Jennifer Gonzales

Reaction score
I noticed one of my golden dojo loaches behaving oddly, just kind of floating around the tank like a limp noodle. Very unusual as I have sand substrate so 90% of the time heā€™s mostly buried and the other 10% heā€™s swimming around spastically. I looked closer and noticed there is a section near the back of his tail that looks like it has lost its color or something.... It also seems like he is unable to stay at the bottom of the tank, he will swim down and lay on the bottom but his tail starts to float up followed by the rest of him seemingly out of his control. Everyone else in the tank is behaving normally water parameters are normal, I donā€™t have numbers I had my LFS test it. Any ideas whatā€™s going on? Attached a photo of Loki the loach, itā€™s not great but he didnā€™t want to be near the glass when I got close.

Attachments

• 535AC547-A437-4265-BF7D-B19757DDEA96.jpeg
    535AC547-A437-4265-BF7D-B19757DDEA96.jpeg
    119 KB · Views: 92
  • 5E9C396C-B0BD-4FA1-AC47-7F53E477603D.jpeg
    5E9C396C-B0BD-4FA1-AC47-7F53E477603D.jpeg
    244.8 KB · Views: 87
We need to know your exact water parameters in order to help you. Do you have a test kit? If not, go back to your LFS and get the exact test results.

It has a bacterial infection.

You need a broad spectrum fish medication that treats fungus, bacteria and protozoans.
Make sure it is safe for scaleless fishes like catfish and loaches.

If you can't get to the pet shop, add 2 heaped tablespoons of rock salt for every 20 litres (5 gallons) of tank water. Keep the salt in there for 2 weeks and hope for the best.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back