Please Help Fast! Very Sick Fish Turning Black!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Candi1990

Reaction score
I had a sick tank 55 gal. Jacks started to turn black and dying, 5 died. I saved 3 by rehoming them. Amonia was high so i assumed it was an ammonia problem. Got ammonia down, nitrates are high but coming down.

Getting the levels right in the tank.... So i was advised that the tank was well enough to do a fish in cycle. Ph 7.6 ammonia back down to 0 nitrites .25 (i think very low almost yellow dont have number in front of me) Nitrates high but down to 80 (was 160). 55 gal tank.

Went and bought beautiful fish, turned black immediately!! WTH!!!! Within 10 min! Not Ammonia burns no ammonia! What now???? Please help fish will probably be dead or too damaged by morning.

That sounds terrible dude, sorry I dont know enough about cycling to help you. :(

The other fish in the tank i moved them to are perfectly fine! They are getting darker!

Nitrates at 80 is still quite high, however there might be another problem with your tank, possibly an ornament leaching something into the water? How old is the tank?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back