Please help!! Corydora catfish skin peeling!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Kempie7

Reaction score
image.jpg hello! I am so scared and in desperate need of help. My 3 corydoras skin is peeling and they are not eating. One of my albino dojo loaches was floating at the top but he would swim away when I went to net him. I thought they were all dead due to cloudy eyes and lifelessness but when I went to net them all BAM they swam!! I have 3 corys, 3 dojos and 5 24k minows. Last water check was spotless with nothing abnormal. I did a 25% water change and I was going to get a broad bacteria and fungi med tomorrow. I am so afraid because my other tank had the same thing but I was too late. This is a 20 L and I am great with tank upkeep. Please help thank you.

can you please post the readings of the water tests that you have done. also the temperature that the tank is at. is it filtered. how long has it been running for. has anything changed in the tank recently. is it planted if so are you using any supplements. what food are you feeding. what sort of decor is in the tank ect.
in the mean time just keep up with lots of water changes and large ones.

View attachment 86080 hello! I am so scared and in desperate need of help. My 3 corydoras skin is peeling and they are not eating. One of my albino dojo loaches was floating at the top but he would swim away when I went to net him. I thought they were all dead due to cloudy eyes and lifelessness but when I went to net them all BAM they swam!! I have 3 corys, 3 dojos and 5 24k minows. Last water check was spotless with nothing abnormal. I did a 25% water change and I was going to get a broad bacteria and fungi med tomorrow. I am so afraid because my other tank had the same thing but I was too late. This is a 20 L and I am great with tank upkeep. Please help thank you.
i hope you don't mean Dojo Loach as they get to big!! also your catfish should be in a school of at least 6 not 3 that may help.

can you please post the readings of the water tests that you have done. also the temperature that the tank is at. is it filtered. how long has it been running for. has anything changed in the tank recently. is it planted if so are you using any supplements. what food are you feeding. what sort of decor is in the tank ect.
in the mean time just keep up with lots of water changes and large ones.
Im so sorry I didn’t have my water test kit! It is at my boyfriends house. The ammonia test kit I have read 0 as always. I did a 50% water change, replaced the heater as the temperature was lower than usual, and turned the air stone up to add more oxygen as they kept coming up to the surface for air. When I came home this evening they were swimming and their skin was healed!! Thank goodness.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 607
i hope you don't mean Dojo Loach as they get to big!! also your catfish should be in a school of at least 6 not 3 that may help.
Yes they are the dojo but they are just being kept here until my boyfriend’s 40 gallon is more established!! I replied to someone else about what I did that worked to fix this problem. I would love to get more corys but I didn’t want to overcrowd this tank. It’s just a simple asian tank that I would love to add more exotic goldfish too and make it solely cold water. But one can dream. Thank you so much.

I'm afraid that this tank I way to small for goldfish irrespective of the type. Goldfish are very messy and have a huge bio load. They also get large and this require space.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

The mention of goldfish (and SeanTrollope is correct on that) caused me to look back for the tank size and you have 20 L in post #1. Do you really mean just 20 liters? That is not sufficient for any of these fish.

On the same line, a 40 gallon is not sufficient space for dojo loaches, which will attain 9-12 inches.

Most reactions

trending

Back