Please Fish Doctors Help Urgent

AquaBlendPT

Reaction score
I have this breeding pair for some months now. All was good until I noticed they stopped eating. They don't eat for a week now. I tried everything.

Im sure they are sick because they just sit on the bottom of the tank, they poop white poop all day long and color is down. Also sunken belly or skinny belly..

All the other fish in the tank are fine which is what is driving me crazy. Or atleast they seem fine and eating.. Water parameters fine as well. I medicated the tank with Absolute Wormer + for one time already and waited 4 days. Nothing as changed.

I tried pellets, flakes, live food and frozen Brine with garlic and Sipirulina. I'm going crazy...

Please gimme some hope on this. I cant sleep because of them. I love them to much. Anything else I can try to make them eat? Should I medicate again? And again? Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20240316_233807.jpg
    IMG_20240316_233807.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 58
How long have you had the angelfish for?
Did you add anything to the tank in the 2 weeks before this started?

What is the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH of the water?
What sort of filter is on the tank?
How often and how do you clean the filter?

How often do you do water changes and how much do you change?
Do you gravel clean the substrate when you do a water change?
Do you dechlorinate the new water before adding it to the aquarium?

What do you feed the fish?
What did you feed the fish on the day before this started?

--------------------

BASIC FIRST AID FOR FISH
Test the water for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH.

Wipe the inside of the glass down with a clean fish sponge. This removes the biofilm on the glass and the biofilm will contain lots of harmful bacteria, fungus, protozoans and various other microscopic life forms.

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week or until the problem is identified. The water changes and gravel cleaning will reduce the number of disease organisms in the water and provide a cleaner environment for the fish to recover in. It also removes a lot of the gunk and this means any medication can work on treating the fish instead of being wasted killing the pathogens in the gunk.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it is added to the tank.

Clean the filter if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks. However, if the filter is less than 6 weeks old, do not clean it. Wash the filter materials/ media in a bucket of tank water and re-use the media. Tip the bucket of dirty water on the garden/ lawn. Cleaning the filter means less gunk and cleaner water with fewer pathogens so any medication (if needed) will work more effectively on the fish.

Increase surface turbulence/ aeration to maximise the dissolved oxygen in the water.

--------------------

If the water quality is good and the tank and filter are clean, and the fish have stopped eating completely, then it's either an internal bacterial or protozoan infection. The link posted by Ram419 is what I would refer you to.

Metronidazole is used for internal protozoan infections.

Antibiotics are used for internal bacterial infections. However, you need to make sure it has an internal bacterial infection before using antibiotics. And make sure everything in the aquarium is clean.

If you need to use antibiotics, try to treat the fish in a separate tank or container. Have an airstone and heater and a few plastic plants. Set the container up using water from the main aquarium. Add the fish and antibiotics, and leave the fish in that container until you have finished treatment.

Before you re-treat the container, drain the water out and wipe the inside of the container. Add clean water from the main aquarium and treat the fish. The cleaner the container and less gunk in it, the better the antibiotics work.

What is the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH of the water?

--------------------

BASIC FIRST AID FOR FISH
Test the water for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH.

Wipe the inside of the glass down with a clean fish sponge. This removes the biofilm on the glass and the biofilm will contain lots of harmful bacteria, fungus, protozoans and various other microscopic life forms.

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week or until the problem is identified. The water changes and gravel cleaning will reduce the number of disease organisms in the water and provide a cleaner environment for the fish to recover in. It also removes a lot of the gunk and this means any medication can work on treating the fish instead of being wasted killing the pathogens in the gunk.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it is added to the tank.

Clean the filter if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks. However, if the filter is less than 6 weeks old, do not clean it. Wash the filter materials/ media in a bucket of tank water and re-use the media. Tip the bucket of dirty water on the garden/ lawn. Cleaning the filter means less gunk and cleaner water with fewer pathogens so any medication (if needed) will work more effectively on the fish.

Increase surface turbulence/ aeration to maximise the dissolved oxygen in the water.

--------------------

If the water quality is good and the tank and filter are clean, and the fish have stopped eating completely, then it's either an internal bacterial or protozoan infection. The link posted by Ram419 is what I would refer you to.

Metronidazole is used for internal protozoan infections.

Antibiotics are used for internal bacterial infections. However, you need to make sure it has an internal bacterial infection before using antibiotics. And make sure everything in the aquarium is clean.

If you need to use antibiotics, try to treat the fish in a separate tank or container. Have an airstone and heater and a few plastic plants. Set the container up using water from the main aquarium. Add the fish and antibiotics, and leave the fish in that container until you have finished treatment.

Before you re-treat the container, drain the water out and wipe the inside of the container. Add clean water from the main aquarium and treat the fish. The cleaner the container and less gunk in it, the better the antibiotics work.
Hello Good Sir. Thank you so much for your reply.
I been doing everything by the book. No overstocking. A lot of plants to balance water parameters.

I will be doing what you said regarding daily cleaning routine to see if they spark up.

Quick question boss.. If it was a problem with the water quality wouldn't the other fish be suffering from the same symptoms??

Only the angels like that..

Quick question boss.. If it was a problem with the water quality wouldn't the other fish be suffering from the same symptoms??

Only the angels like that..
Normally a water quality issue will affect all fish in the tank but sometimes one or two fish might get sick first and then others get sick later on. By doing some big water changes and cleaning the substrate and filter, you remove possible water quality issues from the equation and if they don't get better, then it's definitely a health issue.

-------------------

I have to ask these questions again because the more information I have about the tank and fish, the more chance I have of figuring out what is wrong.

What is the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH of the water in numbers?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back