Platy Scared Of Rainbows?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

RamboFish

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I've had Platys for about a year, and yesterday I decided to cut my numbers down from 15 (mixed) to just 5Ā favouriteĀ females. I did this in order to add some rainbows and also a few blue shiners to my tank.Ā 
Ā 
4 of the females seem to be ok, but one, my favourite, seems to be hiding at the back, not at all herself??
Ā 
Do you think they need a male?? Or more platys??
Please helpĀ 
noexpression.gif

Only just seen this thread! Hmmm interesting question Rambo! I've tank of platys so can't really help with the community side of it. Was she timid before or only since you reduced the numbers? I have no experience of Rainbows - are they fast moving fish? I believe they are shoaling fish - how many have you got? Maybe she's intimidated by their numbers. Has her behaviour changed in the week since you posted?

My platies prefer groups, not necesarily of their own kind but of similar fish. I have two platies that live with 6 guppies happily.. in fact one refused to be with just her own kind. Could it be that perhaps she had an attachment to one of the platies you re-homed and now feels a bit exposed?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back