Platy Behavior

Betta Lover

Reaction score
Do platies pick their mates? Because one of my male platies, mated with one of my female platies, and now he won't let my other male platy come near her. Is this normal behavior :/ :/ :/ ???

P.S. Before he mated with her, he didnt really care about her.

Could someone please give me some info.
Thanks in advanced
Betta Lover

This happened in my tank with my platies, the male mated with the female and since then he's followed her around every where. The other male does'nt get a look in if he comes near he chances him away. The other male spends most of his time in the corner of the tank well away from them.

mine used to do the same thing but now since my platty gave birth my male platty leaved her alone like before -_-

this characteristic is very common in livebearers. esp. platy's and sword tails. when a male gets it on with a female he will stay by her side and let no other male near her until the fry are born, then he forgets all about her. i'd keep an eye on the ones that go hide in the corner as I have had all my male swods except the 1 that began the wole thing jump from the tank during a females pregnancy.

i read all the questions and this has been happing to my red wag female her male sunset marigold alwaysstays with ehr and i have only ever seen them mate once(unlike my mollys inwhich the male is obseesed with mating!!!! -_- kinda feel sorry the female) but he alwasy with her and cahnces the new male away and hes only little!!! but does this mena that she is pregnant!! she is quite fat ....an di was thinking of putting her into a breeding trap thing and putting her into the small tank.... :D :lol: ohwell cya soon B)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back