FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

s007

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Here are the 2 pics of plants that going brown:

DSC01947.jpg

DSC01946.jpg

i have presurized co2, my light is aprox 1.2 WPG for 70 gal tank which is T5HO with good reflector, i dose liquid fert every week (not sure if carbone inside my external filter removes it)

Any suggestions?

Thanks

carbon in your fert is getting rid of it so it is a waste of money. you want to dose small amounts every day rather than one large amount once a week. what do you dose?

carbon in your fert is getting rid of it so it is a waste of money. you want to dose small amounts every day rather than one large amount once a week. what do you dose?

Darn will replace carbone with some sponges imediatly. i use Easy-Life profito plat fertilizer. before about a month ago i stoped using the one from interpet as it made my water brown i didnt like it so got rid of it. The reason i use Easy-Life profito is that it seems to be good by sounds of comments and the water does not discolour. So i guess its because the carbone in my filter removed it all thats why the plants are lucking of it going brwn?

Thanks

it may not be down to that. i use TPN+ as its a great all in one fert.

i guess as soon as my one finishes ill the one pple suggest most. But as you said it might not be down to that and i cant think what else can cause it. My light is on from 7 am till 12pm then 2 hours off till 2pm and then on for another 5 hours till 7pm and then i got blue moon light LED's which is very very weak light berly reaches the bottom of the tank for about 2-3 hors after that.

i guess as soon as my one finishes ill the one pple suggest most. But as you said it might not be down to that and i cant think what else can cause it. My light is on from 7 am till 12pm then 2 hours off till 2pm and then on for another 5 hours till 7pm and then i got blue moon light LED's which is very very weak light berly reaches the bottom of the tank for about 2-3 hors after that.
it will be a deficiency of either or both nitrogen and iron

it will be a deficiency of either or both nitrogen and iron

So your thoughts its def because there is luck of some nutrients in my fert. I have just removed the 3 carbon pouches from my filter and replaced them with fine floss like sponges (might gest something else later on)

also, make sure your lights arent on for too long, 8-10 hours is best and all in one go, otherwise the 2 hours off cause the plants to close up.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back