Planted Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Angry_Platy

Sleepy Chook
Reaction score
Sleeping Somewhere. Or doing water changes. Or run
My 30gal is currently decorated with a few ornaments (a car, a log, both ceramic), driftwood,plumbing pipe and fake plants. After looking at other peoples planted tanks I have decided I want to give planted tanks a go.....when I got my first tank it was moderately planted but the plants died mostly due to the UGF and also due to my lack of understanding.

OK....so I like colours in my tank...I wouldn't like the tank to be all green....I would like some red and purple plants....

Is there anything I ened to do besides fertlilising the plants to keep them healthy? I have heard people talk about carbon dioxide reactors but am not sure if I need one...

Any help would be appreciated...links to peoples planted tanks would be appreciated as well...

THANKS!!

Good lighting is a must! I know at least some of those "colored" plants need intense lighting, otherwise they will just be green, and not red or purple or whatever. Not sure of the intensity needed though, as I don't have any of those fancy colorful plants :p

I do love the live plants in my tank! I'm sure you'll enjoy yours!

Pamela
aka Married Lizard :wub:

Thanks lizard....I do have good lighting....when I got my tank I planned on having a planted tank but decided I should get used to looking after fish first rather than trying to keep plants alive as well.....so the bulb I have ATM is rated for high demand plantlife!!

Anyone else?

When I decided to get plants for my tank that wouldn't look like crap in a month because I didn't do my research, I found this plantguide to help me make better choices. I have just basic equipment, so I chose plants from the low light group. There are many beautiful plants you can put in your tank that don't require special lighting or CO2. I don't have the time to maintain a planted tank weekly with all the pruning required, and like the plants that don't require a lot of care. If you also check the forums there, the swap forum will sometimes have free plants by members available for the cost of postage, and the site also has special deal of 5% off plants if you are a registered member (registration is free). HTH! :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back