Planted tank journey

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

My plants got here way before expected.
I didnt get the notification and they were sitting in my mailbox for 2 days. All but one look really healthy.

The problem is I havent bought the sand yet, and wont be able to for another day or 2.... I put them in a bucket of dechlorinate water. Will they be fine in that?

I'll post a pic of the unhealthy plant
They should be fine floating for two days. Do they come in a pot? If they do, you can leave it as is and not remove the rock wool.

They should be fine floating for two days. Do they come in a pot? If they do, you can leave it as is and not remove the rock wool.
A couple came in pots, the rest came like this: or bare rooted
20200421_175713.jpg

Heres a photo of the plant that dosent look great. Some of the leaves were broken off and some look kind of brown
20200421_175427.jpg
20200421_175410.jpg

They should be fine for two days in a bucket. Just make sure you give them some light.

You can remove any brown or dying leaves by pinching and pulling it.

Oh, the potted plant that you showed us will melt once you plant it and filled it with water.

It looks like Cryptocoryne wendtii, but I know for a fact that it's a species of Cryptocoryne.
Yes that is what it says. Will it survive?
20200421_181524.jpg

Its leaves will melt if it's placed in a new environment, but it will bounce back. Very sensitive plant if there are changes into the aquarium.
Odd that it said beginner plant lol

Ugh. Every hardware store is sold out of play sand. I checked last week and all of them were in stock

Do they have pool filter sand? Maybe you can try using PFS instead.
I'll ask my dad, hes at lowes right now. More expensive but I need it now so whatever

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back