Planted, filterless Shrimp bowl

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Just saw the tiiiiniest baby shrimp swimming in the bowl! It was so small and fast that i couldn't get a picture of it but I'm definitely getting some breeding action going! :)
Awesome! Contrast on your fry. :clap:

They are very small, so I don’t blame you for not being able to get a picture. ;)

Found them!
20210506_195605.jpg
20210506_195449.jpg

Loving the growth of the plants in this bowl. The water sprite ended up floating so i just left it and now it's grown roots which have reached all the way from the top of the bowl to the substrate.
20210513_195210.jpg
There's even some emersed growth from the water sprite which is pretty cool.
20210513_195217.jpg
Dwarf hairgrass is going crazy and has formed a nice carpet with roots going nice and deep into the substrate. Water quality is spot on too so the plants must be doing their job filtering the water. Overall I'm pretty happy with the way this bowl is coming along!
20210513_195232.jpg

Have been noticing ALOT more baby shrimp in my bowl over the last couple of days, some look like they're just hatched they're sooo tiny and others look a few weeks old so there must be a few batches in there. Guess It's a good sign the water quality is perfect!

After putting my walstad jarrarium on a lazy susan i thought hey why not get one for my shrimp bowl too! I finally get to see the plant growth at the back of the bowl and it looks so green and healthy! I can see the roots going all the way down into the substrate.

OK I think my bowl is becoming over populated with Red cherries! There are so many babies of all different ages and it looks like my females are constantly berried! Might have to relocate the adults back to the community tank lol. I also added about 9 Crystal Red juveniles into the bowl and it looks like they're thriving so I might leave them in there to grow out and start breeding. This bowl has turned into a shrimpy love nest! Haha.

Managed to catch 8 of the original 9 I put in. They're so fat and healthy! One was berried.
20210624_164839.jpg

Last edited:
My Crystal reds and RCS babies having a little gathering.
20210717_183130.jpg

Alternanthera Reinickii has broken the surface and is growing emersed!
20210717_183139.jpg

Shrimp city got a lighting upgrade today! The old light was great but it had an on/off button instead of a switch so it would turn off OK at night with the timer but I'd still have to press the button to turn it on in the morning. Got one for my daughters frozen jar too! And got one on the way for my office walstad jar.
20210723_121035.jpg

20210723_121022.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Back