Planted, filterless Shrimp bowl

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I would try Anacharis, although it can get annoying. (It is bushy and easy to trim though)

Actually i'm not sure why i didn't think of this already but i've got some water sprite floating in my other tank that would look great in the background and should fill it out nicely! Might chuck it in tonight and see how it looks!

Couldn't help myself...just bought some Staurogyne Repens and Subwassertang haha

I do notice an oily film form on the surface sometimes but i have an airline that i put into the bowl and it gets some surface agitation going which fixes it.

Biofilm: harmless, used annoying at times.

I forgot, but do you have shrimp in there?

No shrimp yet. I want to finish off the planting before i add them in.

Gotcha. Once you add them, they should happily eat the biofilm.

The pioneers getting ready to explore their new home!
20210331_204542.jpg
Just added 4 for now, I'll see how they go and if they thrive I'll add more in.
20210331_210118.jpg

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, what size is that bowl? I'm still really new to fishkeeping and I don't know anything about shrimp. I'm very interested to see how this turns out!

I honestly have no clue lol i take out 6 litres when i do a water change and there's still roughly 1/3 of the water left in the bowl.

This is gorgeous and so refreshing. I've seen so many children (and adults) cram betta and even goldfish into something of that size. Then you come along and create a beautiful, functional aquascape where animals and plants can thrive. Thank you for sharing this experience with us!

I honestly have no clue lol i take out 6 litres when i do a water change and there's still roughly 1/3 of the water left in the bowl.
That gives me an idea. It looks great! I can't wait to see how it progresses!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back