Planted cycle-can I stock the tank now?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

CuriousFins

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
The day after I set up the tank(the day I set it up the ludwigia was bent over, so I wanted to show it once it straightened out):
IMG_3431.JPG

Today:
IMG_3522.JPG

I set up the tank feb/10, it's feb/22 today. It's not quite been two weeks, but can I get the ghost shrimp tomorrow? Everything's been going pretty good, we do have a small pest snail problem, but I'm removing all the ones I see, and I haven't noticed any in the last couple days. It's going to be a betta tank.

Yes. The photos clearly show good growth, the floating plant especially. You can certainly add a betta. And shrimp. The snails are beneficial, I wouldn't try to eradicate all of them. They will help eat algae from the plant leaves. They will reproduce according to the available organic matter, and breaking this down aids the bacteria.

Yes. The photos clearly show good growth, the floating plant especially. You can certainly add a betta. And shrimp. The snails are beneficial, I wouldn't try to eradicate all of them. They will help eat algae from the plant leaves. They will reproduce according to the available organic matter, and breaking this down aids the bacteria.
Okay, thanks! Should I do a water change before I stock the tank? I haven't done any yet, cause it's just had a few tiny baby snails.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back