plant selection - aquatics-direct.co.uk ok?

cecilbdemented

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Im setting up (still :/ ...) a 96L (20 gal ish) tank for guppies and corys/bigger than cory bottom dweller/kuhlie loaches (not sure about which yet), basically a catfish influenced community tank. Theres a couple of big hunks of bogwood and some caves. Now i need plants. I was looking at the selection packs from this site as it seem the cheapest way to do it.
I was looking for some input on whether you think it would be suitable considering im in a hard water area (20gh) and have a moderately lit tank. fine gravel substrate. Variation doesnt bother me but i want some back and some forground cover forinterest/hiding places.

www.aquatics-direct.co.uk
Selection of plants for a 24"tropical aquarium comprises:- 5 x Hygrophillia Polysperma (back) 10 x Elodea Densa (back) 10 x Cabomba Aquatica (back) 5 x vallesneria corkscew (mid) 5 x bacopa monnieri (mid) 5 x Rotala macrantha (mid) 5 x sagitaria Natans (for) 5 x Eleocharis Vivipara (mid) 5 x Echinodorus Tennellus (for) 55 Plants, weights, fertiliser tablets and planting guide All plants come with identification.
£7.95

If that doesnt sound ok could you suggest perhaps 2 back and 2 foregrounders for me to look at. theres just so many i keep getting lost as i run out of breadcrumbs...
thanks for your help, :D
C

I have heard good things about http://www.java-plants.com I think is the link. But I think both that and aquatics direct are reputable - but I have never dealt with either so do not take my word as gospel!

Most reactions

Back