Plant recommendations

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jordan barnhart

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have bought a 75 gallon aquarium, and I am making a journal on my tank and everything I have done for it. I am making it a fully planted tank with a large school of cardinal tetras (30+), few different species of corys, and I am thinking a young pair of my favorite Veiled Koi Angels would be nice of course.

I got the tank, eco-complete substrate, DIY stand, DIY canopy, DIY co2, DIY python, VHO lighting, and I'm gettin an Eheim 2217 to filter my tank.

As soon as I get my stock and plants, lights come in from hellolights.com, and my filter is bought, I will publish my journal to the web sharing all of my DIY articles and etc.

Right now I am looking for a lot of plant recomendations from high light to low light plants. And pictures if you have any. Just trying to get ideas of what I want as I have no idea.

So far I have around 400$ into my tank. not including filter, plants, and stock.

I love how you got all of that for $400! Thats awesome! I love doing DIY stuff because it's fun and save a lot of money. As for your plants you will basically want to get Ones that are compatible with soft acidic water because of the tetras. From what I remember Cardinal Tetras do best around 6.0 pH and about 2dKH. There are so many plants that you will be abl to get to fit these conditions and most of them will probably be chosen based on which you like. A few of my favorite softwater compatible plants are Cabomba, Water sprite many Ludwigas (my personal favorite) and the list goes on. Sorry no pics I hope this helps and if you have any more questions please ask!

Kevin

This is an awesome site for learning about what plants you want, the lighting requirements, placement in the tank, etc. They have a great forum for your questions, and on the news & specials section, if you join the forum, you will get an extra discount from the company listed. Here are a couple of other places on that site to get you started:

Setting up your first planted tank

Plantguide

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back