Plant Questions

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

malangbaba

Reaction score
Hello,

can most plants (say an Amazon sword) grow in small gravel? what do i have to do to maintain the plant (food, light etc etc)?

Also,

how do plants affect cycling within a tank? do they increase or decrease water quality? should i do more or less water changes if with plants?

There are a variety of plants all with different requirements. One of the best sources for information on specific plants is plantgeek.net.

Also, certain plants like Hygros can help reduce waste products during a cycle, but these are also medium to high light plants.

It would help if you said what size tank, how much gravel, etc...

Here you go VV

i dont know how to measure gravel, but if flattened is about 1 1/2 inch high in the 10 gallon tank.

What do i have to do for nutrition of amazon sword? will it grow ok in small gravel?

Also, i notice some folks have a almost grass like plant(s) on their tank pics....what plants are those?

malangbaba said:
What do i have to do for nutrition of amazon sword? will it grow ok in small gravel?

Also, i notice some folks have a almost grass like plant(s) on their tank pics....what plants are those?
???

lots of grasslike plants require high light which you probably don't have. :/ how many watts is your lightbulb?

amazon sword will grow ok in fine gravel, to feed it you should get some fertiliser in the form of root tablets because they get their nutrition through their roots.

Most reactions

Back