Plant id

Anthony1976

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Anyone know what plant this is please??
98F08BDB-44FD-4BE6-9236-1BD21BEB3895.jpeg

Cryptocoryne wendtii :)

Will appreciate a root tab, not overly fussy on lighting. Will melt temporarily when replanted. Overall though great plant

This the same kind too?? I put same plant in my other tank and it has grown totally different

Yep same plant. Wendtii is one of those plants that grows in different ways

If you ever notice it has tiny nubs at the base of it, if those break off, leave them in the tank (a breeder net would be a nice choice) as they sprout into new plants :)

I shoved one into a shell even and it grew.

Sometimes they break off when moving the plant and then ill randomly find a new sprout...

20200812_081851.jpg
20200710_140852.jpg

Random sprout I found starting under a rock lol
20200812_081843.jpg

I also plant them in crevices in driftwood too... These ones feed off liquid ferts since they're not rooted in substrate.
20200812_084403.jpg

If you ever notice it has tiny nubs at the base of it, if those break off, leave them in the tank (a breeder net would be a nice choice) as they sprout into new plants :)

I shoved one into a shell even and it grew.

Sometimes they break off when moving the plant and then ill randomly find a new sprout...

View attachment 112592View attachment 112593

Random sprout I found starting under a rock lol
View attachment 112595

I also plant them in crevices in driftwood too... These ones feed off liquid ferts since they're not rooted in substrate.
View attachment 112594
I definitely will take a look when I do my water change this week thanks very much for all the info very interesting

Cryptocorynes are amongst my favourite plants for most aquariums, I have had these plants in most of my tank set ups ;)

A fairly easy plant to look after and a great plant to fill in gaps in your tank scape to make things look much more natural.
Which makes some of those types of Cryptocoryne plants pretty much ideal for novices and experienced keepers really.

Seems to thrive particularly well in harder water imo.

And of course, as NCAquatics points out, root tabs are good for Cryptocorynes as they are heavy root feeders.
I tend to use Seachem Flourish root tabs, a little pricey compared to other tabs but does exactly what its supposed to do imho.

Cryptocorynes are amongst my favourite plants for most aquariums, I have had these plants in most of my tank set ups ;)

A fairly easy plant to look after and a great plant to fill in gaps in your tank scape to make things look much more natural.
Which makes some of those types of Cryptocoryne plants pretty much ideal for novices and experienced keepers really.

And of course, as NCAquatics points out, root tabs are good for Cryptocorynes as they are heavy root feeders.
I tend to use Seachem Flourish root tabs, a little pricey compared to other tabs but does exactly what its supposed to do imho.
I grow most of mine in terracotta pots as I do sell a lot of plants and crypts always seem to grow very well for me and rather than pulling up plants I just take a pot out and sell that . I use the osmocote water gardens fertiliser from bunnings you get fifty big tabs for just over $7 they work very well. Another thing I put in there is blood and bone for a good source of iron plus some potassium sulphate powder. But the blood and bone makes them grow really well I’ve tried it without and with and the difference is amazing

@Ch4rlie, nice to see you back on the forum! :good:

Most reactions

Back