Plant consumption

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Divinityinlove

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
My amanos have destroyed my stem plants.... I was putting plenty of extra food in for them, now ordered shrimp king complete...but I'm wondering if this is going to keep happening....... If there's a way to stop it -- they are by no means underfed, they consume a hell of a lot... They completely devour almond leaves, despite me putting extra fish food and sinking pellets... Two almond leaves, all the stem plant leaves.... In a couple of weeks.

Well I did see that 1 amano should have 10 gallons to itself on google article, but I also see people with swarms of shrimp in their tanks.... So I thought maybe 5 will be fine... But when I did have two, I never had any issues, with 5, I have....

Should I remove 3 into a separate tank?

I've also bought seachem root tabs, will be placing them in today but not sure if they'll save the hygrophilas, look at these holes in the leaves. Can't get a great photo due to glare from window opposite but the lower leaves are totally gone too.

Those suggesting fertilizers before, it doesn't seem to work except for growing black algae in my tank.

I'll have to try these root tabs.. Then I'll have to try iron only as that has come up a lot.

IMG_20220911_104231.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Back