Planning A Pond Set Up

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

tank212

Fish Addict
Reaction score
So I am setting up a pond and I had some questions. I don't know the dimensions or gallonage or anything yet but I'm looking to have the deep part of the pond about 5-7 ft deep and have a shallow end for turtles to get in and out of. Can anyone recommend a good battery operated filter? I was also wondering how turtles get along with goldfish? I am only planning on having 3 or 4 goldfish tops. If I can I might add minnows or somethin for the turtles. I am also gonna make a little fence around the pond to keep animals out and to keep the turtle from getting out. The other question I have is about the winter time.. It hardly ever gets lower than 25 degrees fahrenheit. Would a heater and a cover be enough to get through the winter? Or will I have to move them indoors? I would also like to know what other organisms I will attract. I live in the south and in the city so other than toads or gardner snakes I have no idea what else would come in my pond.
I am a total noob to ponds so if anyone can give me ANY advice at all I would really appreciate it!

Hrmm I'm geussing this section doesn't get alot of attention.. :huh:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back