Planned Fry Journal Just For Fun :)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

CrazyAboutFish said:
Spent all morning reading this! Loved that yellowy glow in the last pic!

Thankyou for taking the time to read it. I have come to an end of a very stressful but interesting period. I think it's time to move on. 

Ny82 said:

Spent all morning reading this! Loved that yellowy glow in the last pic!

Thankyou for taking the time to read it. I have come to an end of a very stressful but interesting period. I think it's time to move on. 

you should come down to general chat and post in Hey Lovelies!!!

it's a hoot I tell you..
beer.gif

So is this-plus counts towards your posts ;)

lol, nevermind, you have read the story now! It's been long and winded, had a lot of disasters along the way but the past few months I haven't been feeling it. 

Oh Nylah don't get Convicts. They will breed In a bucket! and I know you will want to keep them all.

>pete< said:
Oh Nylah don't get Convicts. They will breed In a bucket! and I know you will want to keep them all.

No I wont, I don't think my tank is big enough. I am really fussy at the moment, really want a pair of kribs or rams. Something different. I do love the powder blue dwarf gourami but the disease puts me off them. I also love the tiny ones too-ember, platinum and neon tetras-again disease is a big factor. Then there's galaxy rasboras but cost is an issue-aarrgghh! HELP ME CHOOSE!

Ny82 said:

No I wont, I don't think my tank is big enough. I am really fussy at the moment, really want a pair of kribs or rams. Something different. I do love the powder blue dwarf gourami but the disease puts me off them. I also love the tiny ones too-ember, platinum and neon tetras-again disease is a big factor. Then there's galaxy rasboras but cost is an issue-aarrgghh! HELP ME CHOOSE!

Kribensis are the easier of choice....Rams, they are pretty little things and you have the knowledge to keep them.

I never got into Gouramis.

>pete< said:

Kribensis are the easier of choice....Rams, they are pretty little things and you have the knowledge to keep them.

I never got into Gouramis.

Opaline gourami is my favourite, but my tank is too small :( 
Yes I read that rams are quite sensitive to water chemistry and require special care-with the price of electric blues as well, it's maybe a risk not worth taking. 
I love kribs but will they not get territorial with the cories since they are on the bottom too or do the kribs swim higher?

Ny82 said:
LOL.
It's the good thing about fish keeping...there's so many different areas of it you can't really ever get bored. 
Maybe your next challenge could be a planted tank?

I used to have a planted tank. I found my plants grew very well in the 64L, since upgrading to the 95-I can't seem to keep them alive which is silly. Hence why I have taken quite a lot out, I took all the gravel out too and put sand in. 
What it looks like now
6cf8e4b6-456c-43fb-a0d2-9a7236d9571e_zpseccba7d0.jpg

Just feel like it's missing a nice decent sized pair of fish or 2 shoals of contrasting colours. I don't know maybe I am just being picky.
I voted for that pic in the TOTM competition

Aww thankyou so much. I appreciate it :)

Thanks.I had no choice but enter that one as you saw when I put the before and after pics! Dodgy lighting teamed up with crappy iphone camera - and that's the result lol. 

I haven't been home in a week due to being at my parents, they aren't handling this heat very well. I hope I still have fry left! My other half was looking after the fish (I know-alarm bells ringing lol) he's phoned me every 2nd day when he's fed them and telling me the tank temps. 2 of my melini cories have died. I will be getting my elegans, 2 more pandas and duplicareus on monday.
Cory only tank? :p

Most reactions

Back