Planned Fry Journal Just For Fun :)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ny82

1 Woman Army ;)
Reaction score
I thought I would put this in a seperate thread. As I have said before, this is the first time I am having a planned mating. 
Here is my male midnight. He is almost all black. In some light his front shimmers purple. He has a small bit of white on his belly.

photo22_zps3d1f3b5d.jpg

ebef2f8a-3fbe-454d-946c-ba315973c20e_zpsadb6f87b.jpg

He's not perfect but it's just for fun. I have been obsessed with moscow black guppies for ages, I would love one but for now, this is my boy :)

I thought I would pair him with a half black female. Couldn't find any, but found one with orange/black dots on her tail. Very pretty.

acbfc0c3-3d9a-4453-a46a-0a44963c1dbf_zps83d650b6.jpg

0108fbbe-3706-490b-b93c-2a98ac3815a9_zps177785ea.jpg

I am hoping they produce some nice fry. 
Since he is the only male in the tank, I got more females just to see the different possible results. 

This female came heavily pregnant. 
image_zps74deb128.jpg

She's been sitting on the sand in the last hour so she's close. I can't wait to see the surprise fry. I have another virgin female identical to her so my male will be the father of her fry.

My last female has a pretty yellow tail with black spots. Her fry should be interesting. Hoping for females like her.

photo30_zpsf7988d68.jpg

photo29_zps1bfffa0c.jpg

So that's it. The beginning of my new journal. I am getting my 35L tank back off my friend as she doesn't use it, it's been sitting for ages so I will need to cycle it. Am I right in thinking I  can just take a small bit of filter sponge out my tank just now and put it into the new filter to kick start the process? Then water change, water change and more water changes :p I want to use it for the fry to grow up in. That will come later though. For now I will update this when the half black one is pregnant. He has been mating with her today so it shouldn't be long!

Great to see! Also, those are very nice looking males.

Thanks Blondie! I have brought my tank back from my friends-it has no filter so I need to buy one and start cycling it. Patience is not my strong point lol

Thanks Chad, there's only 1 male! I am hoping for black/black hybrid babies!

That lady has quite a tail then! I thought it was another male. With that finnage they should make quite nice babies.

Yeah she has. The only problem I find is, the more fancy the female the more fragile they seem to be. I had one like that who was similar but with a bigger tail and she died after having her babies. I had a red flame tail female who also died after having her babies 
sad.png
 She should make beautiful fry but she's playing hard to get! She nips the male lol
I have just ordered the interpet mini power filter for the 30L tank. I got it for £10.90 and free delivery from Amazon. Should be here tomorrow 
59.gif

I am just a bit confused though, I have the Fluval U2 in my main tank, it has 2 filters and the middle box I took the carbon out of oit and shoved the sponge from my old tank when I first got this one. Can I take the sponge out the middle and put it in the new filter?

I've not used that particular filter but I know with other Fluval that I have used the location of the media is interchangeable.

This is inside my fluval filter. I was thinking of taking the sponge out of the middle box and putting it into the new filter. I am sure I will be able to squeeze it in somewhere. 
photo31_zps7e682f87.jpg

That's not what I was invisioning but yes, I think you can make it work.

Panic over.  My landlady took one of the filters out of her tank and gave me it. I am super lucky lol. She also gave me the black sand so that I can rescape my other tank. 

My new filter. I shoved it in my tank so the bacteria doesn't die.

photo32_zps99146d98.jpg

It's an aquael filter and is very powerful, it's upto 150L the tanks only 30 lol. Super filteration here I come!
photo33_zpsc7a5817b.jpg

Well that's nice of her! Get her sign up for the forum now. ;)

Already done! What I have done however is put the Aquael filter in my tank-will keep an eye on stats and do water changes for the next few days as it was far too powerful for the little tank,the fry would have no chance. I put my Fluval filter into the little tank as that has a slow setting for plants. Just waiting on it heating up then I will put the fry in there. 

So after some rearranging and a few broken nails (sigh) later this is how it looks.

photo34_zps05c3d77a.jpg

I think that's a great little grow out tank for the fry. I will be looking for the photos as they grow.

Before anyone reports me for being an unfit mother by leaving scissors lying about whilst having a 3 year old-they have been moved :p

Thanks Chad I just hope they survive, I don't have much luck with them surviving but I think it's because I need a tank just for them. It's only 30L but it's adequate for them. I am going to put the cory into that tank for tonight as my tank hasn't got much floor space since I have the beach effect so he will be going back to my landlady tomorrow. She has my bronze cory but she can keep him as they have hundreds of cory fry!
Will post pics soon. I am taking the rock out of that tank and putting one of my plants in. Then we shall see where to go from there!

This is the fry tank now. My little one wanted to keep the rock. I took the red rocks out of mine and put them on the left and added one bunch of twisted vallis aswell. The Fluval filter looks enormous lol but she's thrilled to have her own tank.

photo35_zps53737183.jpg

Fry!

photo38_zps3b346a1f.jpg

My tank now without the rocks and minus a bunch of vallis. It looks empty lol will be attempting an overhaul and switching to black sand soon.

photo36_zps7de83fe7.jpg

Both together.

photo37_zps6a76cfea.jpg

I hope these fry survive, one of them has a pin tail already which isn't a good sign. Just need to wait and see.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back