Plan And Journal Of Nano

Any pics? What have you changed so far?

Mike

I'm going to order some plants (hopefully) tomorrow from Plants Alive (or AE, though it is a lot more expencive) and I will then add plants and take plants away... I'm not that happy with my Sumatran fern (though it has produced small plantlets already, but is not looking its best... I'm also concentrating on my 70 litre and the majority of the plants that i am going to order tomorrow are going in there...

I'm basically trying to get all my tanks setup (though not all planted...) I still have the 70 litre (that I will plant), a 60 litre and a 45 litre that need to be done!

Busy!

Cheers...

I found that with my fern it grew too fast even for my 180 litre tank. I pulled it all out and now have amazon swords and java fern backround and it looks much better.

When they are young the ferns do look great for a week or 2.. then it goes wrong :-(

Corin, I tried Plants Alive and wasn't happy with the service or quality of the plants, you could try Greenline, it seems very popular.

Mike

I wouldn't let the crpyts get too settled, unless you want to keep them long-term. Otherwise their roots will tear up the 'scape when you do take them out.

Still looks cool Corin, I really like the messy jungle look, but it isn't the same without some shoaling fish. Have you considered Lampeyes from the Lacustricola genus? I have a few and they're great little fish, which would do well in that tank.

The Otos must love that tank, with all the plant cover.

Regards,
Mike

I wouldn't let the crpyts get too settled, unless you want to keep them long-term. Otherwise their roots will tear up the 'scape when you do take them out.

I second that, crypts are a pain in the butt to remove once settled.

I kind of like the tank, though. It actually looks a bit El Natural to me.

Most reactions

Back