Pl*co Question

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

OscarCichlid

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
As you can see below i have many tanks. In my 29 there is a huge Pl*co and he swims around and eats alge all day. In my 55 i have 2 small pl*cos and they hide all day and come out at night when they light comes on they swim to a rock so fast that you could barley see them. Is this something that will change with age or is my big Pl*co just weird? They are all common pl*cos so i know thats not it.

From my knowledge, plecos are mainly nocturnal and hide quite a bit. Nothing you can do about that really. -_-

I wanted to say that i also have 2 plecos in my 55, and when they were small, they did just what you said, run and hide from anything. LOL But now that they are growing larger, they seem to not be as afraid. Mine now come out during the day as well as night time. You can now go right up to the tank, and open the top and they just sit there and look at me like "what do you want here now". LOL Too funny, they may be less afraid as they grow. Sandy

i have to know, why do so many people on here type "pl*co"? its not a bad word or anything, why not just type pleco?
and yes, plecos are mainly noctural, so hiding is natural.

Many A Molly, I found your question rather interesting and it made me wonder as well, by sheer chance I came by this page at planet catfish
http://www.planetcatfish.com/shanesworld/c...t_say_pleco.htm
It says someone mentioned pleco on a forum and then it died shortly after. So they say pl*co as a prevention of their own pleco's death. Im not sure if this is why some people use it this way on the forum here, but its a possibility.

And to Oscar Cichlid, the plecos ive had show the same pattern, i just figured that the larger plecos feel more comfortable, and its also difficult to have a large enough hiding space for the larger plecos.

notice I always refer to mine as catfish or L200's,the greenies etc...,that's because I believe that * stuff, I had a gold nugget once and he was fine and I always spelt it normally until one day I used the * and he died, I know that's the reverse of the superstition but still :rolleyes: ,it was weird. I've seen a lot of people do it when talking about cichlids too, and when you post the word "cichlid" on planet catfish they automatically add in the *** for ya :lol:

I have wondered about that * thing for so long too!! I LOVE MY PLECO! his name is Roberto, and he sucks!!! teehee.....

My Starlight Brislenose stays out all day long. I also feed him during daytime. I have bought a Gold Nugget recently and he hides all the time. He's about 8cm / 3.1 inch, while my Brislenose are 5cm / 1.9 inch.

Most reactions

Back