Piranha

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I had 9 large piranaha in a 150g and they were a nightmare to keep clean as in nitrates and that due to the level of waste they create.

Id say 6 but I would comment there would be far more interesting ways of using that tank than piranha :good:

I had 9 large piranaha in a 150g and they were a nightmare to keep clean as in nitrates and that due to the level of waste they create.

Id say 6 but I would comment there would be far more interesting ways of using that tank than piranha :good:
Yea, iv just always wanted to say i have pirahna in my living room. what would you think off though. i might be interested in like arrowana, or something predetory

Yea, iv just always wanted to say i have pirahna in my living room. what would you think off though. i might be interested in like arrowana, or something predetory
study up, they are awesome pets, but not what everyone thinks they are, and i dont think "i have always wanted to say i have piranhas in my living room" is a good enough reason lol. They need alot of room, lots of cover and about 1 full cycle through the filter every 20 min, very messy so its important to keep a clean tank, 20 percent water change once a week. And feed live food, mine dont go after dead food and stuff might just be mine

Iv had 3 red belly piranhas in a 50 gal for about a yr or so. Awesome to watch the way they behave. I do a water change, using a syphon once a week and have an external filter suitable for a tank of up to 1400 litres. Has always kept ye water crystal clear

How do you clean the inside of the tank with them still inside?

Yeah they are fine when small. They swim away and hide as they are very shy. Just need to be more cautious when they getting upwards of 5-6 inches in length

Oh I thought you said 'do you clean' not 'how do you clean'. Just the same as any other fish though anyway. Red belly piranha are not as bad as people think

Most reactions

trending

Back