Pink Betta

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

RenDragon

Reaction score

I was at Petco earlier this week, and my local Petco has some very nice bettas, I mean drop dead gorgeous ones. I hardly ever see your standard blue and red veiltails.
But I noticed this guy! Pale pink, he wasn't very active, kinda pitched forward so that he was laying at an angle. I've never seen a pink betta before, so I was intrigued. I couldn't get him at the time, but I promised myself that I would if he was there the next time I went. 

Well I went back on Friday, lo and behold he was still there! So I did take him home this time, and he's set up in a 5 gallon tank. He's been way more active, he comes up to the glass when I come by, and his swimming isn't the best but it's loads better than how it looked in the cup. 
I sure hope he makes it, I'm curious as to whether or not the pink will stay or if he'll turn red. His body is a whiter color than his fins, especially right on his face. 
His name is Abe. 

I thought his name was Ace because I have a betta named Ace :lol:

Very pretty! My petsmart always has pink bettas, they are my favorite. :)

welcomeani.gif
to TFF, RenDragon!
Abe is lovely! In the 2nd picture he looks like he's been snapped by the paparazzi! lol

He is beautiful, looks like he is a dragon scale, I wish my lfs had such attractive bettas! I would imagine his fins would stay pink and not turn red, nice find
smile.png

Very nice betta! Just be sure to keep an eye one his health and make sure that swimming problem doesn't turn into dropsy or anything. If you can, try to get some Indian Almond Leaves (IAL) or its extract. That is very good for bettas health and it keeps their immune system up. Best of luck with Abe!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back